Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
ONLY if there is Sprint WIMAX in your area!~~~~~

And its limited to 2.5GB....Another mis-use of UNLIMITED.......

4G (WiMax) where available. All plans include 2.5GB/month of full speed data or 3.5GB/month with purchase of mobile hotspot enabled device and plan. Speeds reduced to 256kbps afterwards.

Jasnhrpr

@frontiernet.net
Actually I read somewhere that the reduced speeds are only on the 3G. The 4G Wimax is supposed to be unthrottled. Too bad it's not available in a lot of places.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
Go to the Virgin Mobile site and read the FINE PRINT!

said by Jasnhrpr :

Actually I read somewhere that the reduced speeds are only on the 3G. The 4G Wimax is supposed to be unthrottled. Too bad it's not available in a lot of places.

Jasnhrpr

@frontiernet.net
I saw the fine print but from reading other articles I believe that is just referring to 3G data.
»www.phonedog.com/2012/05/08/virg···sign-4g/

"As far as WiMAX plans go, the EVO V 4G will be compatible with Beyond Talk plans that start a $35 per month and include 300 minutes and unlimited messaging and data (2.5GB of high-speed data). EVO V 4G owners can also add a mobile hotspot plan that'll bump their data allotment to 3.5GB for $15 per month. On the mobile broadband side of things, customers can select a $35 plan that'll include unlimited 4G data or 2GB of 3G data if 4G connectivity is not available in their area. Moving up to the $55 plan will bring unlimited 4G data and 5GB of 3G data."

And from fiercewireless.com

Here's how Sprint's new prepaid WiMAX services break down:

"--Virgin Mobile's offerings start at $35 per month for unlimited messaging, 300 minutes of talk and unlimited data speeds. The carrier said there will be no throttling or caps on its WiMAX service. However, Virgin will slow users' CDMA data speeds after they consume 2.5 GB of data in a month. Users will be able to make use of the Evo V's tethering services for an extra $15 per month (and if they purchase the tethering plan, their CDMA data speeds will be slowed after 3.5 GB of data per month)."

No throttling or caps on it's WiMax service.

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Good luck!

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to Jasnhrpr
Found the specifics:

For 4G Handsets (and handset hotspot service):

Handset Details

For 4G Datacards and hotspots:

Datacard Details

compuguybna

Nashville, TN

1 edit
reply to Jasnhrpr
so much for 5/31 order date . . . Still not active.

Ok, Around 3pm, the website got updated . . . . . .

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to Jasnhrpr
Ok here is what I've found...

Now there are 2 plans

$35/mo - 2GB of 3g, unlimited 4g
$55/mo - 5GB of 3g, unlimited 4g

The say 4g will be full speed for 10GB of use then throttled in one section on the site, then in another place it says they can throttle your 4g speeds at 5GB of use.

The terms of service are still not updated so no telling what is what.

So it appears to me that you want to AVOID switching to these plans with a current device... as your unlimited 3g will vanish.

They don't clearly list what happens when you use your 5GB or 2GB of 3g service...