Premium Member

Prices going up again in July?

Anyone else get the letter?

Farchord
Lost somewhere.
join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC

Farchord

Not sure about Ontario, but in Quebec, there is one planned for the 1st of June, mostly on TV packages. But they pretty much are all increases related to the CRTC.... channel... whatchamacallit fee.
ancodia
join:2006-07-10
canada

ancodia to Airwolf

to Airwolf
details here : »www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/ ··· ment.php
Phorkster
Premium Member
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON

Phorkster to Airwolf

Premium Member

to Airwolf
Weee, so glad I bailed..
khronlk
join:2009-10-26
Sarnia, ON

khronlk to Airwolf

to Airwolf
May 18th is when my internet switches over to Start.ca, saving $15 a month with a larger cap and almost the exact same speeds! It's a shame I will be missing this hike...
cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently
join:2011-04-19

cog_biz_user to Airwolf

to Airwolf

Pro - Standalone $81.95 No Change

damn, i really lucked out there... for once.
EdmundGerber
join:2010-01-04

EdmundGerber to Airwolf

to Airwolf
And so much VALUE for your dollar....

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to khronlk

Premium Member

to khronlk
said by khronlk:

May 18th is when my internet switches over to Start.ca, saving $15 a month with a larger cap and almost the exact same speeds! It's a shame I will be missing this hike...

Been there, done that, pleased with the results so far.

However, GOUGEco is jerking START around on speed matching for the 20/1.5 tier (which they offer their OWN end users), and only giving START/us 16/1, even if we have a D3 modem (and I do).

Still, a solid feed, minimal congestion, a 300GB monthly usage cap with a lower UBB rate, good support, and money saved.

Be sure to get a D3 Modem for least local 'hood node congestion.
ancodia
join:2006-07-10
canada

ancodia to Airwolf

to Airwolf
"We’ve increased our download speeds and monthly Internet usage allowance on most of our packages so you can get the most out of your Internet experience. "

I can't find a summary of what packages increased the Internet usage allowance and by how much (if anything).

Also they need to fix this error :

"We’ve launched two new High Speed Internet packages in the majority of the cities we serve, with faster than ever. Download speeds of up to 30 Mbps and up to 55 Mbps3 depending on your choice of package"
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to Airwolf

to Airwolf
great isnt it that i pay less and get more then 5 times GB a month they you ripoffeco users
yes 5megabit = about 1600 GB
aint it nice.....right in middle of peterborough part of cogeco land ....

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to Phorkster

Premium Member

to Phorkster
said by Phorkster:

Weee, so glad I bailed..

Amen.

I just broke even on the FTTN startup costs and Cogeco early bailing fees.

Saving money, better services. Yeah man.

Mike
DelvX
join:2012-03-28
Burlington, ON

DelvX to Airwolf

to Airwolf
Still glad I ditched Cogeco.

Milton
@cgocable.net

Milton to Airwolf

Anon

to Airwolf
As my wages are frozen by my employer, so are your increases in my bill Cogeco....
I could care for your rationalization of the price increase....bottom line..my monthly bill will not increase.
As a Bell cell phone user, I expect to cancel the phone outright and reduce services while I'm at it ...
Shame on you for increasing my bill.....

JfromC
Problem
join:2010-10-30
Cobourg, ON

JfromC to Airwolf

to Airwolf

This is fraking retarded!!

Ultimate 50, Upgraded to Ultimate 55. NO CHANGE in billing.

Ultimate 30, Nothing, BUT I HAVE TO PAY MORE?!?!

What asinine individual(s) at Cogeco think it's a good idea or fair, to make me (the Ultimate 30 subscriber) pay for the upgrade that the Ultimate 50 (now 55) subscribers got?

Am I the only one seeing an error in this logic?

DOUBLE-U, T, F.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Don't hold back, now - Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Seriously though - how big of a hike is it for the 30/2 plan ?

I'm curious how much more I saved by leaving them already for START, compared to what I had thought ?

EDIT : 2 more bucks plus HST - That's nearly $20 saved per month, and I get nearly DOUBLE the monthly usage cap too, and half the UBB rate per GB if I ever DO go over.

I can't complain.

Barry
join:2008-11-04
Burlington, ON

Barry to Airwolf

to Airwolf
For me it's not that big a deal as they are dropping the HD access fee, so I'll be paying the same, if not a little bit less. They are still better than Bell and Rogers, but that's not saying much.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to Airwolf

Premium Member

to Airwolf
lol

jeisenberg
New Year's Eve
join:2001-07-06
Windsor, ON

jeisenberg to Airwolf

to Airwolf
I'm currently on promo pricing, and Cogeco has verified that their increases do not go into effect until after my promo period ends.

kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

kim to Airwolf

MVM,

to Airwolf
I rec'd my letter via email. I haven't read it to see if my rates are going up yet but I've already decided my Cogeco bill is too high and am evaluating my options.

Options:
1. Drop home phone (ultimate LD is kinda nice but...)
2. Buy Apple TV
3. Get netflix

I want movies and TV programs without commercials and when I want them so I've always loved my PVR. I'm not a heavy TV watcher but when I want to 'check out' I don't want to be subjected to crap which is honestly 90% of what I'm paying for.

I want HD
I want uninterrupted movies
I want uninterruped TV shows (including Top Gear and 30 Rock)

What I get:
A lot of garbage
A lot of sport
A lot of reality tv (see garbage)
A lot of commercials
Nothing on when I want to have down time.

/rant

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Methinks that there might be a 4th language to add : 'Rant'.

Hey, I oughta know, yes ?

kim
MVM,
ON

kim

MVM,

I think you have a point, I am very good at it aren't it?

Thank you,
Multilingual Kim

HaRdLy007
join:1999-08-31
Peterborough, ON

HaRdLy007 to Airwolf

to Airwolf
So glad I have only 30 days left with this useless company.

WarningU2
Premium Member
join:2002-10-27
Burlington, ON

WarningU2

Premium Member

My bill (with the removal of the HD service fee) is actually $3.25 lower. It still irks me though - with these penny pinching increase in fees for existing services. If they were better I'd understand but they aren't. I don't see an improvement in service. Actually ON-DEMAND is getting worse for me in Burlington. I'm getting a new error about not able to service my request now at peak times. So although HD movies are now offered ON DEMAND (finally) I can't watch them unless I keep requesting them for 10 minutes until the request is accepted.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by WarningU2:

....So although HD movies are now offered ON DEMAND (finally) I can't watch them unless I keep requesting them for 10 minutes until the request is accepted.

Yeah, so you have to keep demanding....

Airwolf
Premium Member
join:2001-10-30
Windsor, ON

Airwolf to Barry

Premium Member

to Barry
said by Barry:

For me it's not that big a deal as they are dropping the HD access fee, so I'll be paying the same, if not a little bit less. They are still better than Bell and Rogers, but that's not saying much.

Why didn't they just drop the HD and leave everything alone?
Why the dollar increase on Ultimate 30? Why the 2 dollar increase on the digital packages?

I were to drop HD after, I would still be paying more than if I decided to drop it now before the price change.

They should have thrown a few super channels for the price hike.

kim
MVM,
ON

kim to Airwolf

MVM,

to Airwolf
My bill is about to go down by a significant amount, thanks Marcer See Profile for helping me get packages more in line with my useage.

DavidT8
She turned me into a newt
join:2006-09-01
Oakville, ON

DavidT8 to Airwolf

to Airwolf
ROFL

The semi-annual $2 rate hike, right on schedule!

This is genuinely hillarious. What an embarassment. The fact that they can get away with price gouging like this is amazing, honestly.

$72/mo for 30Mbps cable service and a measly 175GB cap. Bahahaha.

I'm laughing because if I don't, my head might explode.

droppingmore
@cgocable.net

droppingmore

Anon

Well I got rid of their phone service and they charge me a breach of contract fee for $75 but guess what Cogeco I really don't mind paying it so my business goes elsewhere and for the record the phone company I have now has given me 6 months free service so really this $75 is nothing. One less Cogeco service = YAY !

Now I am looking at Start.ca for internet but here is the thing ....

If I get rid of my internet will I have to pay per month for the pvr I got for cable or is that item free for 2 yrs no matter what as long as I stay on cable ? Anyone know ?

I would love to get more usage from my internet service but I also want to make sure I still get the pvr for the term they stated it would be free.

Anyway glad to be getting away from Cogeco whether it be quickly or slowly. If anyone can help me here by answering some of my questions or by providing info. I don't know about then do so. Interested to hear what others have to say.
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50 to Airwolf

to Airwolf
I'm also planning to get rid of all of my Cogeco services. I'm just looking for a decent ISP and phone provider, and lastly TV.
Here are my plans,
TV- Shaw Direct
Phone- Don't know (anything but Cogeco or Bell)
ISP- Don't know.
About Start.ca how does that work? If Cogeco goes down will start.ca go down to? What is ikTel like? All I learned it is an Niagara based ISP located in Niagara Falls near a Cogeco station. As for DSL I can't find anything in my area about 6Mbps, so it looks like I will be aiming for cable internet.
Dreamwiser3
join:2009-12-18
Hamilton, ON

Dreamwiser3

Start.ca is a great choice for a ISP. Talkit for telephone,hands down. We love the changes we made. Not looking back at all.