share rss forum feed

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
reply to Gone

Re: [Rant] TORONTO: GO Transit piloting weekend trains on Barrie

said by Gone:

anywhere in York Region on the Barrie line is a non-issue since you've got Viva and the TTC to use. Even still, the primary flow on the weekend is from Toronto

Hardly. I live as far south as you can get in York Region and I would never touch a YRT/TTC vehicle if GO ran true all-day service. I know many people that would do the same.

Still, I don't think the service as proposed now is frequent enough to attract South York Regioners, they'd rather hop in a car and drive downtown or drive and park their car at a TTC station.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by corster:

Hardly. I live as far south as you can get in York Region and I would never touch a YRT/TTC vehicle if GO ran true all-day service.

I don't doubt it, but the province isn't going to go out of their way to set up some sort of special weekend excursion service when there are already plenty of alternatives available.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC

1 edit
said by Gone:

said by corster:

Hardly. I live as far south as you can get in York Region and I would never touch a YRT/TTC vehicle if GO ran true all-day service.

I don't doubt it, but the province isn't going to go out of their way to set up some sort of special weekend excursion service when there are already plenty of alternatives available.

You're right, but you should consider this less of a special weekend excusion service and more as a pilot project to see if GO Train service on the northern lines is feasable 7 days a week. It's targeted towards Barrie, Bradford, East Gwillimbury, King City, etc. but doesn't mean people like myself won't board it at York University or Rutherford (GO fare is still cheaper than paying both YRT and TTC fare, not to mention it's a faster trip)

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to Tenar
said by Tenar:

said by donoreo:

said by elwoodblues:

I guess you hate me, I'm heading to the cottage on Friday (actually closer to Peterboro, on Stoney Lake).

I was at the cottage last weekend and will be again this weekend.

Yes I hate you all!

Cottagers fill up my beaches, my walmart, my home depot, you can't get around town because they all drive bad with "vacation brains" and they make hospital wait times increase at least 4 hours. /rant

That is not vacation brain driving, that is daily Toronto driving.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.