Search similar:

uniqs

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Rattler

[VOD] What happened to EPIX HD VOD???

Is it me or has EPIX HD VOD disappeared from the menu??? I'm in VHO-8

About a week ago I found and bookmarked Captain America on EPIX HD VOD. I can still play it from the bookmark but if I go to the EPIX VOD menu, only SD selections show up.

This is not a problem for other Prem. channels like HBO, SHO or STARZ.

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy

Its you.

edit:
No it isnt you.

Rattler
Havertown, PA

Rattler

said by dcowboy:

Its you.

edit:
No it isnt you.

Young whippersnapper!

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

Same on VHO7 the HD folder is missing for EPIX HD.
MacAlert
join:2005-03-16
Flushing, NY

MacAlert to Rattler

to Rattler
Missing in VHO5 as well.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to Rattler

to Rattler
Is it just the HD folder or have all the HD movies been removed also?

Reason I ask is that in VHO7 the "Showtime HD" folder was removed earlier this month but the HD Movies are still listed within the "Movie" folder. Im starting to wonder if this is related to that Patent lawsuit and if Verizon will be allowed to have HD folders anymore.

My guess is its ludicrous to think a patent would only allow one to have a HD folder but maybe someone from Verizon could comment.

icemannyr1

icemannyr1

No movies in the EPIX folder are HD.

JoeRR
@verizon.net

JoeRR

Anon

Other channels have their own HD folders, so it's not a patent issue. As for EPIX, who knows why HD has been removed. I'd like to hope that when it returns, movies like CAPTAIN AMERICA won't have over 30% of the picture missing. But since that won't happen, maybe the HD movies will at least have 5.1 audio! (None of the EPIX OnDemand movies are presented that way, although they are on the linear channel. Showtime, Starz, and HBO all have 5.1 for OnDemand...maybe now EPIX will join them. Or not.)

Rattler
Havertown, PA

Rattler to bohratom

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

Is it just the HD folder or have all the HD movies been removed also?

There are separate HD folders in MAX, HBO, TMC, Encore and STARZ VODs. Showtime lists their HD content in the same folder as the SD movies, they just alternate modes as you go down the list.

I know the EPIX HD folder was there Saturday a week ago (5/5) because that's when I bookmarked the HD title from the HD folder. I'm sure that somebody at V* has been messing in the VOD sandbox and screwed something up. They were supposed to have done all this on the 2nd and 3rd of May and I know that VOD, in general, was sporadically unavailable back then but it seemed that all was well by the 5th.

The thing is that the EPIX HD version I bookmarked is still playable in HD, from the bookmark, so the HD version is still available but is just not listed. If you do a minimal search though (e.g. put in "CAPTAIN"), only the SD content shows up. If you go further, e.g. "CAPTAIN AMER", then the HD title appears on the list and is playable.

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

bohratom

said by Rattler:

I know the EPIX HD folder was there Saturday a week ago (5/5) because that's when I bookmarked the HD title from the HD folder.

My only point is I do not believe that Epix did that on purpose. We will find out soon...
CableGuyJoe
join:2012-05-15
united state

1 edit

CableGuyJoe to Rattler

to Rattler
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to MacAlert

to MacAlert
said by MacAlert:

Missing in VHO5 as well.

Not everywhere in VHO5. I see the HD folder.

I also watched one yesterday.
ronsc1985
join:2004-07-07
Manassas, VA

ronsc1985 to Rattler

to Rattler
It's still there in VHO-4, I just looked. It has it's own folder in the EPIX premium channel listing

Rattler
Havertown, PA

Rattler

It's back now in VHO-8. Guess someone from above caught up to the faux pas.
skohly
join:2009-08-19

skohly

said by Rattler:

It's back now in VHO-8. Guess someone from above caught up to the faux pas.

It's still not here in VHO-7
skohly

skohly

Still not on here in VHO-7

Rattler
Havertown, PA

Rattler to skohly

to skohly
It's OK here in VHO-8 (at least in my particular area) and has been since I posted it was back up.

Maybe try calling V* and biatch at them about it. In the past, I've seen some problems that seemed to be related to the local CO and were not common to all within the VHO. That's why I initially posted to see if it was wide-spread.

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to skohly

to skohly
said by skohly:

Still not on here in VHO-7

Same I don't have Epix but I bet alot of VHO7 subscribers are not happy atm.

icemannyr1

icemannyr1

The EPIX HD VOD Folder is back on VHO7.