KodiacZiller
Premium Member
join:2008-09-04

KodiacZiller to dave

Premium Member

to dave

Re: UK jails teenager for possessing al-Qaeda's online magazine

said by dave:

News Flash: in the USA too, there are documents which it is illegal to possess.

Outside of some leaked classified document relating to national security or something of that nature, care to name a document in the public domain that is illegal to possess? I can go buy the "Anarchist cookbook" right now. I can possess bomb making manuals. (I don't but just making a point). None of them are illegal to merely possess in the USA. It's called the first amendment, something the U.K. does not have.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by KodiacZiller:

It's called the first amendment, something the U.K. does not have.

The UK does not even really have a written constitution.

Parliament (which includes the King or Queen as well as the Commons and the Lords) can pretty much do whatever it wants.

For example, there was no general Parliamentary election held between 1935 and 1945 (10 years!) due to the buildup to WW2 and the actual war.

That would have been a serious constitutional problem in the USA, but not for the UK.
said by KodiacZiller:

It's called the first amendment, something the U.K. does not have.

The UK does not even really have a written constitution.

That's why they may slide into a police state so easily.

Let's hope it's not too bloody when Scotland decides to leave the UK, which afterwards would be called the Disunited Kingdom.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to KodiacZiller

Premium Member

to KodiacZiller
said by KodiacZiller:

said by dave:

Outside of some leaked classified document relating to national security or something of that nature, care to name a document in the public domain that is illegal to possess? I can go buy the "Anarchist cookbook" right now. I can possess bomb making manuals. (I don't but just making a point). None of them are illegal to merely possess in the USA. It's called the first amendment, something the U.K. does not have.

They should be illegal to possess.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

1 recommendation

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

said by KodiacZiller:

said by dave:

They should be illegal to possess.

And where would that illegality end?

Fill a glass bottle 4/5 full of gasoline. Stuff a rag into the neck, leaving a modest tail portruding. Light and toss at target. Various additives can be included (sugar, tar, foam beads, etc) for different effects. You've just created a Molotov cocktail - which has been around since at least the early days of WWII. The recipe already exists in literally millions of published paper works and websites. Are they all (and copies of them) to be considered "illegal"? If so, then this thread and it's browser-cache copy now on your computer have just made you party to that illegality.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Face the wall.. hands over your head...spread your feet and give me your sharpie.

»www.thesmokinggun.com/do ··· ssession

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

Face the wall.. hands over your head...spread your feet and give me your sharpie.

You'll only get my Sharpie by prying it from my cold, dead fingers. Unless, of course, you work for the TSA and ask me nicely...

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 edit

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by Blackbird:

Unless, of course, you work for the TSA and ask me nicely...

I don't think the TSA asks nicely. In fact they'll probably don blue gloves and pat down your whole body for Sharpies.

And don't ever let them find you with Crayola's. That's a death penalty offense.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

Name Game

Premium Member

said by StuartMW:

said by Blackbird:

Unless, of course, you work for the TSA and ask me nicely...

I don't think the TSA asks nicely. In fact they'll probably don blue gloves and pat down your whole body for Sharpies.

And don't ever let them find you with Crayola's. That's a death penalty offense.

I usually call ahead time and ask them in a conference call if I can go through the scanner for chest x-ray. That way they don't mess with copies of lady chatterley's lover on my flash drive.

On the other hand Henry likes the full monty..
»washington.cbslocal.com/ ··· ssinger/

KodiacZiller
Premium Member
join:2008-09-04

1 recommendation

KodiacZiller to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
said by Name Game:

A fine example of the retarded mentality of some people. Oh no little Johnny has a sharpie -- call the police!

This sort of idiocy reminds me of a remark I heard at one of the DEFCON talks. Some guy was giving a speech about computer forensics and mentioned that he was the first person ever arrested for port scanning (I think his case was overturned when the judge said port scanning is not the same as breaking into a machine). Someone in the audience said port scanning is still illegal in South Carolina. Someone else jumped up and said:

"Marrying your sister is legal in South Carolina, but port scanning is not."

The crowd erupted with laughter. This is a fine example of the idiocy many people in the legislature have. Actually it's our fault since we vote them in.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by KodiacZiller:

...Someone in the audience said port scanning is still illegal in South Carolina. Someone else jumped up and said:

"Marrying your sister is legal in South Carolina, but port scanning is not."

The crowd erupted with laughter. This is a fine example of the idiocy many people in the legislature have. Actually it's our fault since we vote them in.

Although a check on the marriage law of South Carolina reveals the marrying you sister is illegal. The SC law concerning incest does not appear to cover the marriage of collateral descendants of common ancestors other than siblings, however; i.e., first cousins can marry.