spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

buttaknife

join:2007-06-01
reply to Hotshotjiji

Re: Which is better right now? Distributel or TekSavvy?

I've been with TekSavvy since 2008, in shape of DSL then cable, give or take. So I can only speak of my experiences with them

They have been mostly ok in most areas for me, though they have had their hiccups here and there. Maybe I'm just "lucky" but I've never had any install problems or week-long issues with them as some others claim.

Some of my notable problems over the years:

- Their DNS servers suck. I don't know why but they just do. Very slow or non responsive. I just tend to use namebench and set my own. I haven't used their DNS servers for a year now or so, though.

- Outages are not frequent but when they happen, there is really no point to contacting them more than once. They don't really get any updates before it gets fixed. Most of the time the outages have been for a few hours up to 2 days. But not frequent.

- Their routing isn't as nice as it used to be. I from time to time get some bogged down route that hampers my latency and affects things like ventrilo. Not common but not a rarity either.

Other than that, I usually get full speed all the time (28/1 cable). That said, I recently dropped from unlimited to 300gb because I was not happy with the price hike for unlimited.