CSD8086
join:2004-03-12
US

1 recommendation

CSD8086 to fuziwuzi

to fuziwuzi

Re: Still rocking SB5100

?

You may very well be getting 8/1 on a good day *because* of your SB5100. Buying a D3 modem will provide you with bonded downstream with four channels.

You're complaining about the traffic on a one-lane road. Move to the four lane road. While you don't intend on exceeding the speed limit, the additional lanes provide far more options...

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

said by CSD8086:

?

You may very well be getting 8/1 on a good day *because* of your SB5100. Buying a D3 modem will provide you with bonded downstream with four channels.

You're complaining about the traffic on a one-lane road. Move to the four lane road. While you don't intend on exceeding the speed limit, the additional lanes provide far more options...

So you're saying Comcast is advertising something they can't deliver. I'm promised 12/2 service WITH my SB5100 modem. The SB5100 is more than capable of delivering 12/2 service, I shouldn't have to spend more money for something I have no need.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

Hey now, he was just offering a solution to your problem. Spreading your bandwidth over multiple channels tends to give you more bandwidth, alleviating the low speed issue you have now...but that would reduce the number of things you could complain about

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

said by iansltx:

Hey now, he was just offering a solution to your problem. Spreading your bandwidth over multiple channels tends to give you more bandwidth, alleviating the low speed issue you have now...but that would reduce the number of things you could complain about

If you weren't getting what you pay for, no doubt you'd complain as well.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

I'd also do something about it

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

said by iansltx:

I'd also do something about it

I do. I call Comcast and take up time with their tech support every week. They should not advertise what they cannot deliver. Why don't they come right out and tell me they cannot deliver their service reliably unless I obtain a new device? Why do they repeatedly tell me my device is fully supported? I guess I'm just not as eager to bend over and spread 'em as some other people.

C_Chipperson
Monster Rain
Premium Member
join:2009-01-17

C_Chipperson

Premium Member

A D3 modem would likely help you out as it spreads the load across multiple channels. Maybe phone support people don't know to tell you this, but you should know this as it is posted on these forums several times a day!

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

said by C_Chipperson:

A D3 modem would likely help you out as it spreads the load across multiple channels. Maybe phone support people don't know to tell you this, but you should know this as it is posted on these forums several times a day!

So you're saying Comcast lies when they say they fully support the SB5100 for their service. When they "upgraded" my neighborhood, I was told there was no need for new equipment, that I was fully supported unless I wanted to subscribe to one of the newer high-speed packages. But, I guess that was yet another lie from Comcast. They continually try to foist their modem rental upon me, I guess this is done intentionally to force people to just give up and ream them for more money each month.

mix
join:2002-03-19
Romeo, MI

mix

We gave you the solution to your problem. Does anyone really care if you don't believe us and would rather rant about Comcast? Probably not.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

said by mix:

We gave you the solution to your problem. Does anyone really care if you don't believe us and would rather rant about Comcast? Probably not.

No, you did not provide a solution. You provided a work-around that doesn't address the actual issue. There is a difference.
« ftth is too expensive.
This is a sub-selection from Still rocking SB5100