Search similar:

uniqs

somms
join:2003-07-28
Centerville, UT

somms

Copper is Dead

FTTH is really the only solution!

Good Luck w/squeezing copper to the breaking point!
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

said by somms:

Just an FYI, I have done plenty of speed tests on coax that are atleast as impressive as yours (including that sub 5ms ping time).
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to somms

to somms
Congrats, you live where most of us don't. For the rest of us, 50/15 or 105/20 (with the associated expense) are what we have to live with...with higher ping times even to the first hop *shrugs*.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

2 edits

Anonymous_ to somms

Premium Member

to somms
said by somms:

On a 1GHz system

Cable has 5.3Gigbit/s or 5,300mbps

11.7gig on 2.2GHz system.

Most people are limited by the computer hardware of 1gigabit
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

There are no 2.2ghz systems, unless your talking about Directv.
Cobra11M
join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

Cobra11M to somms

to somms
said by somms:

LUCKY!!, fastest we can get in town is 10.....thats it, what i wouldnt do for 50 gosh lol

somms
Centerville, UT

somms to tim tim tim

to tim tim tim
said by tim tim tim:

said by somms:

Just an FYI, I have done plenty of speed tests on coax that are atleast as impressive as yours (including that sub 5ms ping time).

Post your comparable upload speed and keep in mind that I'm paying $45/month for symmetrical 100Mbps FTTH: »www.xmission.com/utopia#more
Core0000
Premium Member
join:2008-05-04
Somerset, KY

Core0000 to somms

Premium Member

to somms
If that speed was a woman, I'd bang it. That's how hot that is.. and that beautiful sexy 3ms ping..*falls over*
MrRuckus8
join:2004-01-30
Portland, OR

MrRuckus8 to somms

to somms
Keep in mind he also has a cap. Per the page he linked to: 1TB/Month. True its greater then Comcast residential service, but when you get into UNLIMITED bandwidth, even their prices are off the wall @ $350/month. I would keep my Comcast Business Class with almost the same download and half the upload for less then one 3rd the cost and NO CAP. Once caps come into play, your fiber doesn't look too appetizing. Compared to Cable anyway.

»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 7532.png

somms
Centerville, UT

1 edit

somms

said by MrRuckus8:

Keep in mind he also has a cap. Per the page he linked to: 1TB/Month. True its greater then Comcast residential service, but when you get into UNLIMITED bandwidth, even their prices are off the wall @ $350/month. I would keep my Comcast Business Class with almost the same download and half the upload for less then one 3rd the cost and NO CAP. Once caps come into play, your fiber doesn't look too appetizing. Compared to Cable anyway.

»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 7532.png

;)

Why are you having to dig up a stale Comcast speedtest from 1April!? Was that your best test ever and you can no longer attain these? If this was your best, the upload is still gimped compared w/FTTH!!