spc
uniqs
kash1
join:2005-08-13
Houston, TX

kash1 to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix

Re: [Business] ARP Packets from Comcast are Flooding My LOCAL Ne

Looking everywhere for a setting to keep these out of our internal network!

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by kash1:

There is not a customer accessible setting in the SMCD3G that will do that. There may be a telnet CLI command that will do it, but finding a Comcast CSR who knows how (or is willing to do it) is a futile exercise.

If you don't have your own firewall/router between the SMCD3G's LAN and your network, the ARP broadcasts are going to be there.

Call Comcast business class support and get a trouble ticket (and/or post in this site's »Comcast Direct forum). If enough customers do that, perhaps someone might eventually escalate it to Comcast engineering for a fix. I have done this for both the ARP traffic problem and the now non-functioning firewall rules setup for True Static IP (I suspect that there is a relationship between the now dysfunctional SPI firewall and the ARP traffic being passed to the LAN).
jtcasas
join:2012-05-10

jtcasas to kash1

to kash1
said by kash1:

Based on the conversations around here, and the lack of response from Comcast support, I think the issue may only be resolved the next time a firmware update is pushed to all of the modems/routers. Other than setting up another router behind the Comcast-provided one, there won't be a way to drop the packets, before they are broadcast across your internal network.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to NetFixer

Premium Member

to NetFixer
It'd be nice to just see the web interface that comcast techs can view on the SMC, if nothing else to make better informed ideas of how something like this could be fixed.

I have a feeling though that comcast is still tweaking this firmware because things like the USB being active but no interface to use it, so they'll likely ether turn it off or let the customer see that page (or do nothing thats possible too)