All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Epichappy
join:2012-05-14
Kitchener, ON

Epichappy to Pauly

to Pauly

Re: [TV] DTA-50: are you complaining about the loss of analog?

So... would your QAM TV give you all 130 channels even if you only pay for the first 29? I don't think QAM filters exist like the analog ones? right?

yyzlhr
@rogers.com

yyzlhr

Anon

There are no QAM filters, but for the QAM tuners that are available in TVs today to pick up any channels, those channels have to be broadcast in clear QAM. Rogers currently only broadcasts the music channels on clear QAM, so you can get those channels with a QAM TV even if you don't pay the $2.99 digital services fee to get it.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly to Epichappy

to Epichappy
I DONT want to use the QAM tv, There is no way they can activate stations i subscribe to with the QAM tuner in my tv, but guess what? they have a way of doing this with my STB. so i want to order italian or the mandarin station, i can watch it on my STB hapilly and not complain why i dont pick it up.
Pauly

Pauly to Epichappy

to Epichappy
no, i dont need to watch tv with the built in qam tuner, i will use my stb or dta. that way when i downgrade package, or upgrad package, the box will reflect my subscription
Pauly

Pauly to Epichappy

to Epichappy
no

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON

BliZZardX

Premium Member

Why did you start this thread if you're just going to tell everyone they're wrong? Mods just lock this thread, it's pointless.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

if u have nothing positive to contribute, then please leave this thread alone.