Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Ahem : REVISED LIST for R####s

The list now has more models added and others removed (Scroll down linked page for newest info) :

»Rogers Area Modem List

I will post below if/when the Cogeco list has changed.
Davesnothere

4 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

REVISED Modem List for GOUGEco

Click for full size

As you will see in the attached pic, modem CHOICES for a Cogeco feed have not changed, but the PRICE to BUY a modem in some cases has.

When it was first offered by START, their net selling price to us for ANOTHER Docsis 3 cable modem was about $100.

Unfortunately, SLOWgeco has not approved any other D3 modems.

Now we are looking at about $130 to buy the Cisco.

The Cisco D3 class modems (DPC3000, Hardware Rev 2) are generally hard to find at ANY price, as they are now a discontinued model, and rather few remain in 'the channel'.

It makes you wonder - Does Cogeco own shares in Cisco ?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Just a small correction, we never advertised the DPC3000 for $100.

The issue was that the signup page was Red only originally however some people pre-signed up for Cogeco and selected the DCM475 at $99.95 but as you know that modem is not supported on Cogeco. In good faith we honoured the $99.95 price (taking a loss in the process) for those that really needed a DPC3000. Once the signup form was updated for Cogeco areas the option to buy a modem properly reflects the DPC3000 and its price of $129.95 including shipping.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Ya know something ?

I think yer right about that.

Will amend my post.

Would it be safe to say that you are still trying to get Cogeco to approve the 475 modem (and/or the new 476), and that they would still be priced closer to $100 if approved ?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

We're having a heck of a time with Technicolor providing resources. I can't yet really comment on what we're doing instead but I think everyone will be *quite* happy with the results.