uniqs

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac to goodtimeokc

MVM

to goodtimeokc

Re: Can't get WRT54GL (Tomato) to work with Netopia 3000!

said by goodtimeokc:

Tried this and still no luck

Do you know what internet connection type your isp requires?
The link I provided works for pppoe connection type
If your connection type is dhcp you need a different set of instructions
said by goodtimeokc:

The only difference I noticed is that the modem status seems to get stuck on "DHCP Aquisition". The end result is that the router is still not assigned the public IP

When the modem [3347] is bridged it will not initiate a internet connection
goodtimeokc
join:2012-05-14

goodtimeokc

said by wayjac:

said by goodtimeokc:

Tried this and still no luck

Do you know what internet connection type your isp requires?
The link I provided works for pppoe connection type
If your connection type is dhcp you need a different set of instructions
said by goodtimeokc:

The only difference I noticed is that the modem status seems to get stuck on "DHCP Aquisition". The end result is that the router is still not assigned the public IP

When the modem [3347] is bridged it will not initiate a internet connection

They use PPPoE. The modem is assigned a public IP which, in this case, *should* be getting passed to the router, but it's not.
said by wayjac:

When the 3347 is in bridge mode its home page will look like the picture below

What does your 3347 home page look like

When I select "Enable System Bridge" it looks exactly like that. However, the alternate instructions provided above don't include this setting. When I follow those instructions I get the "DHCP Aqcuisition". I tried adding "Enable System Bridge" in addition to those settings and I get the home page as shown.

wayjac
MVM
Indy

wayjac

MVM

said by goodtimeokc:

When I follow those instructions I get the "DHCP Aqcuisition"

This sounds like the 3347 has it's wan dhcp client enabled
Below is a picture of the 3347 wan ip interface page with the correct settings

goodtimeokc

goodtimeokc

Tried this and I still show 0.0.0.0 as the WAN IP on the router. When I do this, the Internet light still lights up on the modem, so it's still apparently doing the PPPoE auth. Should I be setting "Enable System Bridge" in addition to setting the ATM to "RFC-1483 Bridged Ethernet vcc1"? If not, how to you prevent the modem from doing the PPPoE auth?

wayjac
MVM
Indy

wayjac

MVM

Ok, here's a different set of instructions for you to try
I would factory reset the 3347 before following the instructions

Click the configure link
Click the advanced link.
Click the ethernet bridge link
Place a checkmark in the enable system bridge checkbox
Click the lan link
Select none in the restrictions drop-down menu
Click the yellow triangle/icon under the help link
Click the save and restart link
goodtimeokc

goodtimeokc

I've tried enabling system bridge with Restrictions set to "None" and "Admin Disabled". Doesn't seem to matter.

Interestingly, I was able to use bridge mode by creating a PPPoE connection directly from Windows 7, so it does appear to be some sort of router incompatibility after all. Both routers I've tried worked flawlessly with my old 2Wire modem in bridge mode, so I'm not sure why they would be incompatible with the Motorola.

wayjac
MVM
Indy

wayjac

MVM

If you can use the windows pppoe client and it gets a public ip address the 3347 is in bridge mode
Are you sure the routers wan port is set to use pppoe
wayjac

wayjac to goodtimeokc

MVM

to goodtimeokc
If you can allow the 3347 to make the pppoe connection you can use the 3347 ip passthrough option this will work just as well as bridge mode
goodtimeokc

goodtimeokc

said by wayjac:

If you can allow the 3347 to make the pppoe connection you can use the 3347 ip passthrough option this will work just as well as bridge mode

Does this disable all routing on the modem? I've tried disabling NAT on the modem but then none of the LAN clients (behind the router) can access the internet. Do you happen to know the proper steps for setting up IP passthrough?
goodtimeokc

goodtimeokc to wayjac

to wayjac
said by wayjac:

Alright, I ended up setting the router to DHCP and enabling IP-Passthrough on the modem and it worked! I don't think I really gain anything by having the router do PPPoE auth so this should be perfect. Thanks!

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether IP-Passthrough disables NAT for the specified device. I suppose if I run into any problems I can create pinholes (port forwarding) for all ports on the router...

wayjac
MVM
Indy

wayjac

MVM

said by goodtimeokc:

I don't think I really gain anything by having the router do PPPoE auth so this should be perfect

I agree with this comment
said by goodtimeokc:

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether IP-Passthrough disables NAT for the specified device

Check the tcp/ip info of the ip passthrough device
When ip passthrough is configured correctly the device will have a public ip address, a public gateway ip address, and public dns ip addresses
The dhcp ip address is private and it's needed for lan access
said by goodtimeokc:

I suppose if I run into any problems I can create pinholes (port forwarding) for all ports on the router...

If you have any pinholes set up on the 3347 you should delete them that will force all unsolicited internet traffic/ports to the dlink
dpunkz
join:2012-06-15

dpunkz

I have basically the same problem with the same exact situation and equipment. I didn't really understand how you bridged them. I Tried doing the things you suggested,but they didn't work. Can anyone help me through here or teamviewer with me. Thanks