Search similar:

uniqs

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly to plencnerb

to plencnerb

Re: [IE] Which IE9 version should I use

My keyboard has internet key, right now it loads the ie 32 bits, so i am tired of not being able to use it, i have to click start menu and go all the internet explorer (64-bit) short cut, i microsoft got their sh!t together, then i can use the button on my keyboard, but i have to wait till i turn to and old man to get that. how sad
drhoward_t
join:2012-05-08
Saint Louis, MO

drhoward_t to plencnerb

to plencnerb
said by plencnerb:

said by drhoward_t:

Since you brought it up: there are not "some" incompatibilities. There are so many incompatibilities between IE9 and modern web standards that a forum cannot list them all. IE9 is inept at best and the worst browser on the planet by far.

I don't mean to speak for the OP, but what I think they are saying is that there are still some incompatibilities with a 64 bit browser.

You might be right, and I wasn't sure when I first read it, but he mentioned the other browsers in the same breath.
quote:

So drhoward_t See Profile, do you feel that Waterfox is just as bad as IE, as the Garmin GPS web site does not work properly in Waterfox, due to the plug-in not being able to be installed, just like it does not install in IE9 64 bit, but works fine in Firefox?

I don't know anything about Waterfox and only first heard about it on this board. Quickly looking around, it looks like someone grabbed the Firefox source and compiled a 64-bit version. It's not from Mozilla or endorsed by Mozilla so no telling what had to be changed to make it work.

In any case, it can't be as bad as IE9.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to Pauly

Premium Member

to Pauly
I sent you a PM in regards to your question Pauly See Profile.

Pauly
canada

Pauly

i know i got it, i was just hoping there would be a "set as default" in the 64 bit program cus now that flash and java run on 64 i dont need the 32 bit one anymore
Pauly

Pauly to plencnerb

to plencnerb
i

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to Pauly

Premium Member

to Pauly
Paolo I agree, there should be a "set default" like in IE 9 32 bit, or any of the other browsers out there.

But, as my picture on page 1 shows, Windows won't let you set IE 64 bit (I believe this is true in both Version 8 and Version 9) as the "default" browser for your OS.

Getting a bit OT here, I wonder if you can set IE 10 64 bit as your default in Windows 8? I installed the Consumer Preview a while back, but I don't remember looking at that specific setting. I would hope that in Win 8, Microsoft fixed that little issue.

--Brian

Pauly
canada

Pauly

maybe its a matter of time before 64 bit plugins become widespread before they allow u to set as default.