Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to ToneDef

Re: Standard Broadband

said by ToneDef:

I'm in rural Milton up in Nassagaweya on 15 Sideroad. I doubt I'd get much of a signal without an expensive tower

You'd be surprised. That's only around 10km away from the urban part of Milton, which is nothing if their own equipment is located on a decent-height tower and you've got no tall objects in your immediate area.

ToneDef

join:2012-05-16
Rockwood, ON
said by Gone:

You'd be surprised. That's only around 10km away from the urban part of Milton, which is nothing if their own equipment is located on a decent-height tower and you've got no tall objects in your immediate area.

I'm in a forested area so I'd have to get up over all those trees. Running on Bell Turbo Hub right now and although signal stength is weak it's still pretty good. The big issue is that 3gig bandwidth that I always blow over

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by ToneDef:

I'm in a forested area so I'd have to get up over all those trees. Running on Bell Turbo Hub right now and although signal stength is weak it's still pretty good. The big issue is that 3gig bandwidth that I always blow over

Damn those trees, haha. Do up a spreadsheet and cost it out over 12 months. The tower will probably still be cheaper, and it's not hard to find them used.