share rss forum feed view:
normal
This is a sub-selection from [Networking] Online Gaming on HughesNet

CountryGirl

join:2012-05-14

1 edit
reply to Doc Lithius

Re: [Networking] Online Gaming on HughesNet

I found a hard copy of D3 at a store near by. Installation was easy, and there wasn't any additional patches, or updates. My ping is right around 1200 to 2000, and there was always a consistent 2 to 3 second delay through out the game. The mobs were easy enough to kill that I as able to solo it. I didn't notice any disconnects, but I still haven't played it during peak hours as of yet. This game uses alot of mb, so I won't be able to be on for very long. The graphics is average, but still fun to grind. I'm not sure if the game was worth the 60 bucks, but maybe that will change when I get finally 4g broadband.

I will try to keep downloading WoW, I'm about half way there. Maybe in a couple of weeks it will finish downloading. lol

diablo1892
Plough, sew, water, harvest. Repeat.

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

The battlenet servers for diablo 3 are offline for the second time already.. Very irritated...

CountryGirl

join:2012-05-14

It's back up again for now. Has anyone tried using dialup for D3 or WoW? I've heard of people getting in the low 200 latency, which is still better than the average 1900 satellite latency. If there is any large patches, or updates then you could just switch back to satellite. Just a thought?

Fuji

@direcpc.com

Dial up will work for WoW.. You will however not be able to do anything with 20+ Players, You may beable to get away with 10mans. Satalite vs Dial up.. It's a Lose lose, Hughesnet you can raid, With minor lag (Non peak hours) Dial up you can do Arena's / Solo / Small Partys way better. So its a toss up on how ya wanna play.

TonyKZ1

join:2010-04-08
Marble Hill, MO

Yep, dialup.. It's slow and not really reliable but that's how I've been playing WoW for quite some time now. I can tell when I goto StormWind or some other big city as it lags some, but since I do mostly solo questing/leveling it mostly works out okay.
Tony