uniqs
share rss forum feed

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1
reply to goodtimeokc

Re: Can't get WRT54GL (Tomato) to work with Netopia 3000!

If you can allow the 3347 to make the pppoe connection you can use the 3347 ip passthrough option this will work just as well as bridge mode

goodtimeokc

join:2012-05-14

said by wayjac:

If you can allow the 3347 to make the pppoe connection you can use the 3347 ip passthrough option this will work just as well as bridge mode

Does this disable all routing on the modem? I've tried disabling NAT on the modem but then none of the LAN clients (behind the router) can access the internet. Do you happen to know the proper steps for setting up IP passthrough?

goodtimeokc

join:2012-05-14
reply to wayjac

said by wayjac:

Alright, I ended up setting the router to DHCP and enabling IP-Passthrough on the modem and it worked! I don't think I really gain anything by having the router do PPPoE auth so this should be perfect. Thanks!

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether IP-Passthrough disables NAT for the specified device. I suppose if I run into any problems I can create pinholes (port forwarding) for all ports on the router...

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

said by goodtimeokc:

I don't think I really gain anything by having the router do PPPoE auth so this should be perfect

I agree with this comment
said by goodtimeokc:

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether IP-Passthrough disables NAT for the specified device

Check the tcp/ip info of the ip passthrough device
When ip passthrough is configured correctly the device will have a public ip address, a public gateway ip address, and public dns ip addresses
The dhcp ip address is private and it's needed for lan access
said by goodtimeokc:

I suppose if I run into any problems I can create pinholes (port forwarding) for all ports on the router...

If you have any pinholes set up on the 3347 you should delete them that will force all unsolicited internet traffic/ports to the dlink

dpunkz

join:2012-06-15

I have basically the same problem with the same exact situation and equipment. I didn't really understand how you bridged them. I Tried doing the things you suggested,but they didn't work. Can anyone help me through here or teamviewer with me. Thanks