share rss forum feed

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to DMWCincy

Re: Toonami returns may 26th.

said by DMWCincy:

Bleach, i guess i wouldm't mind seeing it from the start one last time...then let it go away.

Well, the dubs they're playing are into the Zampakutou filler arc. (ep 255) So it's not starting from the beginning.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
I can't stand most dubs.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to me1212
This was just posted on my anime club's facebook page. Not sure how true it is, but thought it may be worth posting.

"Adult Swim’s Toonami Block

DeMarco also clarified Adult Swim’s May 16 press release, which said that the network is developing “new original anime programming” for Toonami’s return. Toonami will not have original titles created specifically for the programming block, “just new acquisitions.” DeMarco said that he personally “love[s] One Piece and would love to see it on CN again” along with Gundam Wing. Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Fairy Tail, and Inuyasha: The Final Act are some of the “many shows we’ve been looking at” or discussed."

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to me1212
I doubt they would EVER play Panty & Stocking, that show was just a bit TOO out there for American TV I think. I enjoyed it a bit, but I just don't see it being possible.

As for Inu Yasha: The Final Act, I would imagine they will get that at some point, though I would've guessed they'd have done so by now. I THINK Viz dubbed it already.

Fairy Tail? Seems only inevitable that it will be shown on there at some point.

Tenar

join:2008-01-02
Midland, ON
reply to me1212
Seriously this may save the American anime industry.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to captokita
Yeah pant and stocking is not likely, but eh with late night(12AM-3AM) tv ya never know.

Ether way its very nice to see they may be working on getting new anime, I just hope they get new gundam and one piece on it.

DMWCincy

join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH
reply to me1212
I watched the dub of Fairy Tale on Hulu and wasn't impressed. I'll watch it because I love the manga but meh on the dub. I loved One Piece but never got to watch it too far. I think I got to watch it just past when they defected Croc so there is plenty there I can watch new. Either way a new mix up of shows would be nice.

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to me1212
Thought this would be an interesting side on this.

Deadman Wonderland dub cast announced. I went on Funimation's site yesterday to see if they had a dub ep up, but they don't. Anyway, here are the VAs for it.

Ganta - Greg Ayres
Makina - Colleen Clinkenbeard
Tamaki - Eric Vale
Shiro - Monica Rial
Mimi - Lindsay Seidel
Yamakatsu - Micah Solusod
Kasuga - Mary Morgan
You - Aaron Dismuke

Will it be good? Who knows, we'll find out this weekend.

Story: »www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ··· dub-cast

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to DMWCincy
said by DMWCincy:

I watched the dub of Fairy Tale on Hulu and wasn't impressed. I'll watch it because I love the manga but meh on the dub. I loved One Piece but never got to watch it too far. I think I got to watch it just past when they defected Croc so there is plenty there I can watch new. Either way a new mix up of shows would be nice.

For fairytail anime here what to do.

1. find a fan sub to cover most of the show
2. pay for crunchy roll
3. watch the latest 8 episodes (ya that annoys me that they only have the latest 8)

Currently the anime is in filler but it looks like it'll be pretty good shortly, and hay filler is better than a sudden stop due to catching up.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to me1212
According to the time warner tv guide Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins will be on toonami.

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to me1212
So what did you think?

Deadman Wonderland's dub is......... ok. I don't really like Ganta's voice, but then I don't like the character anyway, so having an annoying whiny voice is fine. I know he was whiny in the original, but his dub voice is a tad too high pitched for me. Kudos to them for keeping in the gore, I really thought they would edit the beheadings and such.

Casshern Sins, I saw a couple of episodes of this dubbed awhile ago on netflix. I don't mind the dub for this, but I'm not sure this show is a good fit for Toonami. It's rather slow, but I liked it when it was on 2 years ago. We'll see. As for the rest, it's still a letdown to see Cowboy Bebop and GitS 2nd still when there are other shows they could be playing that haven't been seen for awhile / played to death.

Still, cool to see it back.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
I liked Deadman, and Cashew/casshern sins was okay. bleach sucked like always, the rest was fine. Hopefully they get new anime on it soon those two were my favorite parts of toonami this week.

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

And at some point it'll go into reruns with an unknown return date

Ooooorrrrr, will just drop off the schedule completely right at a good point in the series with no mention whatsoever about what's going on with it....... So yeah, you're right dark, you're right. They've started reruns for GL + YJ, but they just dropped Thundercats like it was the plague..... wtf? I would appreciate a "Returning in the fall!" or something at least - shit, I'd be happy with reruns, as I missed a few of the earlier episodes. Bastards. No, no, LEGOS is a better choice.

Tenar

Midland, ON
new thundercats is canned so won't be returning in the fall.

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
said by Tenar:

new thundercats is canned so won't be returning in the fall.

whowaaaaaaaaa?

Tell me the thing is complete so we're not left hanging with it ending where it did! I'll buy this on BD/DVD when it comes out, I just hope it's finished.

Tenar

Midland, ON
It wasn't included in 'returning shows' list (»www.toplessrobot.com/2012/03/loo ··· k_to.php)

it could be put on hiatus to be brought back in 2013 but that's really unlikely. Poor toy sales probably ruined it.

Edit: There is a petition to keep it on the air: »www.change.org/petitions/warner- ··· r-season

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
Well, to be fair, I didn't expect a return until fall or winter 2013 - that wouldn't surprise me. I just hope it finishes, as the story had gotten to a pretty decent spot. Though the end of the last episode was wholly predictable, I still liked it.

As for poor toy sales, aside from the first wave of figures, I've not SEEN any toys for it. I liked some of the ones shown at the toy expo, and would've bought some had I been able to find them. The economy doesn't help either.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

1 recommendation

I hate how some channels just toss a good show out without even saying they're doing so or without saying when it'll come back.