rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

159 seconds, at 23:49:37.

Believe me, I understand the frustration - I don't want to be on the phone with Cogeco all night either. ...but stuff breaks and they are working on it which is all that can be expected when something breaks. Most of the 2-3 minute outages that have occurred are when they are making configuration changes or trying patches, etc. I'd be more concerned if I didn't see those outages at this point and just the more chronic 6 second ones which would indicate nothing is being done. Cisco's been involved and I'm working with hourly updates.

The service has been solid until this afternoon, and after they determine and resolve the root issue it will be solid again, but tonight is probably a write-off for most folks. For that I do apologize, but rest assured we are doing everything we can to ensure a quick resolution and keep everyone advised. Not that it helps anyone affected, but this is affecting all their data IP services originating out of Toronto so there are a lot of unhappy people tonight, not just our customers on the Cogeco network.

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

What's the latest? It's been out for quite a while now and I'm running on 3G.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by Last Parade:

What's the latest?

At 4:34am we were advised the link is stable. We have not seen any packet loss since 3:53am which is an hour now and supports their update. Unfortunately the extra 25ms latency is there at this time. I have asked for an RFO and steps they will be taking to eliminate the extra latency again.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by rocca:

At 4:34am we were advised the link is stable. We have not seen any packet loss since 3:53am which is an hour now and supports their update. Unfortunately the extra 25ms latency is there at this time. I have asked for an RFO and steps they will be taking to eliminate the extra latency again.

I took a nap and it currently seems OK.

But we now have a sequel on our hands ?

i.e. 'The RETURN of The Phantom Ping !'

Thanks for being there !
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to rocca

Premium Member

to rocca
said by rocca:

....Not that it helps anyone affected, but this is affecting all their data IP services originating out of Toronto so there are a lot of unhappy people tonight, not just our customers on the Cogeco network.

So Cogeco RETAIL subscribers have been seeing this too ?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

So Cogeco RETAIL subscribers have been seeing this too ?

If you mean Cogeco retail cable customers, probably not as I doubt they would route all their traffic to Toronto. The problem was not on the cable side, rather the Cogeco Data Services side - so Cogeco retail customers with data/transport services out of Toronto, yes, they would have been affected as well.
Ger
join:2007-10-26
Mississauga, ON

Ger

No complaints about it in the Cogeco forum.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Ger:

No complaints about it in the Cogeco forum.

Yeah, pretty quiet over there....

BTW, not been on much yet today, but seems OK here.