spc
uniqs

Mike975
@telus.net

Mike975 to kevinds

Anon

to kevinds

Re: SHAW PRI pricing vs. TELUS pricing

I have only looked at SHAW. I know MTS Allstream has service in my area also.

Interesting thing when I compare apples to apples... SHAW gives you one free month of service each year eg. on a 3 year contract. Also they don't charge for caller id and station level billing. Those alone including cheaper monthly service by a few hundred dollars make it tempting!

I haven't looked into PRI pricing since deregulation has occurred in most of the Telco areas here in BC.

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

Hey Mike,

If you'd like me to connect you with a member of our Business Solutions team, they'd be able to answer any further questions you had.

Cheers.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds to Mike975

Premium Member

to Mike975
Techinally, Caller-ID is a free service, charging for it is extra money for the provider.

The infomation is sent from the calling station, as part of the call setup. Blocking it takes more work for the provider.

Just remember, when you call for support on the T1, don't call Shaw cable

Mike975
@telus.net

Mike975

Anon

Thanks Kevinds. I told the TELUS rep the offer I had from SHAW and he took it back to see what he could do. I guess I will wait and see what happens!

I am hesitant to sign more than a 3 year contract as I see us migrating to SIP trunks in the next few years anyhow.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

Shaw has the SIP trunks to, get a migration clause in your contact, to finish the contact when you switch to SIP in the future

Mike975
@telus.net

Mike975

Anon

said by kevinds:

Shaw has the SIP trunks to, get a migration clause in your contact, to finish the contact when you switch to SIP in the future

Thanks good advice. Will defanatly add a migration clause!