uniqs

Poornoob
@ultzindustries.com

Poornoob to Immer

Anon

to Immer

Re: Vodka v Method heroic mode DS race

said by Immer:

Register an account, and send this type of sidebar via private message. I don't think it is necessary to post in the thread proper. Now I need to respond to it... the major problem with getting yourself heard is one of scale. Empirically I fully agree with your assertions; however, what you are espousing in this thread is most relevant for those moving from non-raider to competent raider. Given the title of this thread is Vodka vs Method... I can see where the naysayers have solid footing in feeling the need to limit your expectations of results from providing guidance... you can't blog someone to the level of Vodka or Method raiding skill without hours of gametime.

My apologies to the forum and Cig in particular for my last remark. I know stuff on forums comes across in ways not intended, and should not have made a personal attack.

As far as my expectations are concerned, I've repeatedly said right from the initial responses that I don't expect to get to Vodka / Method level -- I'm just hoping to learn something from the way they and other pro guilds do things that may improve my conceptual framework and help me advance as a player and a raider. Their race just inspired me to ask. I'll just give up on this thread and maybe post a more limited question like "anyone have any pro-tips on raid awareness" or somesuch somewhere else.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Have you watched videos on L2Raid and read through Icy-veins.com strats? I cannot help beyond that because I'm still trying to get my guild through 10M blackhorn normal.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Watch Vodka Method Paragon videos. Google Deathwing video from a "enter class here".

In FL we were stuck at Bethalac. I know don't judge me lol. Our hunters couldn't solo the little dudes. I googled Bethalac surv hunter videos. and Voila. It should how to solo them. I gave ths info to our hunter, he watched it and understood it. We havent wiped to beth since that day.

This isnt a tip. it is an example. There are almost too many ways to improve to list them here. It is almost a "as it happens basis". Figure out how to handle situations will help you out alot trying to get to their level. But no one on here has that kind of info. IF we did we would be in Vodka and not on this forum page.

Poornoob
@ultzindustries.com

Poornoob to Immer

Anon

to Immer
Yes. I'm a competent raider, and as I said, my raid does DS10N in about 2 hours with maybe a wipe or two. We have done Morchok H, but haven't really tried the other bosses H yet because we have been running both mains and alts through DS, and getting the legendary staff, so we need to complete a full run on any raid night. I've looked at most of the typical resources: Icy-veins, Tankspot, Magecraft, WoW forums, and others that don't come to mind immediately. That's why I'm asking about ADVANCED tips and tricks - I think I have a pretty good grasp of the stuff most casual raiders know. If we were talking baseball, I'd say I'm beer league good, and am hoping to improve to semi-pro good. I'm not even hoping to get to the minor leagues, but just wanting to find ways of playing better.