Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

1 edit

tshirt to LocutusBorg

Premium Member

to LocutusBorg

Re: [BW Meter] Comcast to Replace Usage Cap

If you have a need for a higher level of service, you will be able to subscribe to business class or pay out for whatever the CC overage adds up to.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by tshirt:

If you have a need for a higher level of service, you will be able to subscribe to business class or pay out for whatever the CC overage adds up to.

Which is exactly what he said 3 posts up.

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

My gibe was directed at YOUR comment, "hoping he could double his usage this month"

I hope he can get what he needs, but can't understand the concept of "USE more, just be cause you can"
Is it a misplaced sense of entitlement, being a bored troublemaker? or some delusion that if you can encourage people to cause enough congestion on the network, ComCast will give in an provide "free" unlimited bandwidth for everyone until bankruptcy or investor lawsuits remind them of their fiduciary duties?
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to LocutusBorg

to LocutusBorg
said by LocutusBorg:

I hope they dont ever have a cap again.

[att=1]

uuhmm....that's a LOT of bandwidth used...

out of curiosity...

what exactly do you do? that looks like more than 4 hours of HD netflix streaming a day....

I know you're disabled and don't go out that much...
LocutusBorg
Premium Member
join:2005-12-25
Revere, MA

LocutusBorg

Premium Member

I watch 12+ hours of streaming aday

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to LocutusBorg

Premium Member

to LocutusBorg
It's unfortunate you are disabled, however that does not entitle you to shift your costs to other users.
It seems a constant theme with some users (particularly heavy users), planing that "Hoping they don't get caught", and if do "plead innocent" instead admitting they should just buy the higher priced, but available Business tier and then doing it without waiting to get caught.
Is the thrill of being "a pirate"(if this appies to you), or of "cheating the mega corp" or "making all the other suckers" pay more of your share, part of the entertainment?
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to LocutusBorg

to LocutusBorg
said by LocutusBorg:

streaming for 12 hours a day?...that's a lot of eye strain that will add to your disability...certainly music streaming won't eat that much bandwidth...

you sure there's no p2p or filesharing in there?

what package do you have and how much? how long have you had it?

have you paid any overages? how much?

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to tshirt

Premium Member

to tshirt
said by tshirt:

My gibe was directed at YOUR comment, "hoping he could double his usage this month"

I hope he can get what he needs, but can't understand the concept of "USE more, just be cause you can"
Is it a misplaced sense of entitlement, being a bored troublemaker? or some delusion that if you can encourage people to cause enough congestion on the network, ComCast will give in an provide "free" unlimited bandwidth for everyone until bankruptcy or investor lawsuits remind them of their fiduciary duties?

You replied to him. Nice try.
LocutusBorg
Premium Member
join:2005-12-25
Revere, MA

LocutusBorg to medbuyer

Premium Member

to medbuyer
said by medbuyer:

said by LocutusBorg:

streaming for 12 hours a day?...that's a lot of eye strain that will add to your disability...certainly music streaming won't eat that much bandwidth...

you sure there's no p2p or filesharing in there?

what package do you have and how much? how long have you had it?

have you paid any overages? how much?

i have 50/15 no p2p 2 months and no overages
LocutusBorg

LocutusBorg to tshirt

Premium Member

to tshirt
said by tshirt:

It's unfortunate you are disabled, however that does not entitle you to shift your costs to other users.
It seems a constant theme with some users (particularly heavy users), planing that "Hoping they don't get caught", and if do "plead innocent" instead admitting they should just buy the higher priced, but available Business tier and then doing it without waiting to get caught.
Is the thrill of being "a pirate"(if this appies to you), or of "cheating the mega corp" or "making all the other suckers" pay more of your share, part of the entertainment?

i use it as it was intended. i think you are the entitled one. spouting shit like that. you dont know me. and after those statments i dont want to know you

delusion ftl
@comcast.net

delusion ftl to tshirt

Anon

to tshirt
said by tshirt:

Comcast can do whatever they want if it drives profit. There's no inherent reason they couldn't go flat out unlimited while disconnecting or throttling users who they feel "abuse" unlimited.

There's no indication that a user who never calls support and pays their bill on time and never has incidences where they damage their line or such would not be a profitable customer while pulling down terabytes of data a month.

In fact, Jason, if you have read down the thread this far here are some ideas from me:

Free nights. From 1am to 6am meter doesn't run.
Justification: This is a prime time for online backups to run, they are not particularly speed or latency sensitive but can require a ton of data transfer.

Good customer credit: Customers who pay on time, never call support etc.. Can earn bonus transfer. Maybe 250GB a month.
Justification: Customers who struggle with billing and constant support issues (that are not Comcast's) are the most likely to be unprofitable.

Rollover data: Unused data from previous month rolls over to next month, eventually caps out at some reasonable max.
Justification: Customers often don't like the idea of use it or lose it, so sometimes they use it when they don't have to. This is not a great thing for balancing a network. And on the once in a blue moon month that a customer does have a large transfer that needs to take place they don't take a financial hit.

Gmail style: Cap grows over time, maybe it's 300 this month 310 next month, 320 the following, etc...
Justification: Can always market as constantly growing bandwidth limit that grows with technology and consumption. Probably wont have to revisit the cap as often to see if it still is appropriate for the bulk of your user base.
Expand your moderator at work