share rss forum feed

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:22
reply to jlivingood

Re: [BW Meter] Comcast to Replace Usage Cap

Let's try to keep this topic focused on what Comcast has actually published about these changes. It was intended as an opportunity for interaction and discussion with jlivingood See Profile and his staff in regard to those changes.

Let's keep everything not directly related to that purpose in other topics.

Thanks for your cooperation.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

chong67

join:2001-11-18
Jonesboro, GA

1 edit
reply to jlivingood

[BW Meter] Broken?

I purposely get close to 240 gb every month. I time it.

But 300 gb is great number to remember. That would be 10 gb a day x the days of the month.

I think Comcast meter is broke this month. It is 50gb inaccurate. You got 5 more days to make use of it.

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:9

1 recommendation

Have you read this thread ? You don't even have to think about the cap right now.....

chong67

join:2001-11-18
Jonesboro, GA

1 edit

Re: [BW Meter] Broken?

Oh! That is nice. Free buffet and all you can eat!

Thanks!

Expand your moderator at work

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:22
reply to jlivingood

(topic move) [BW Meter] Is the meter gone?

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »[BW Meter] Is the meter gone?

neil0311

join:2005-07-24
Marietta, GA
reply to AVonGauss

said by AVonGauss:

said by nerdburg:

And FWIW Comcast, everyone hates metered billing. So how about you just raise the cap based on the service tier and leave the current data policy in place?

FWIW, not every hates the idea if done right and fairly. I personally hate the draconian idea that service may be shut off (kind of like elementary school) if I go past a certain threshold.

Agree. An amount of included bandwidth starting at 300GB is not only reasonable in a relative way when compared to other ISPs, but it's reasonable relative to normal use. If they tier for higher speed plans, then I think that makes it even more reasonable.

If people want to use what I consider to be unreasonable amounts of bandwidth to stream pirated movies and games or whatever they are doing with torrents, then they should pay for that bandwidth and not expect the rest of us to subsidize their overuse.

LocutusBorg
Premium
join:2005-12-25
Revere, MA

1 recommendation

reply to jlivingood

I hope they dont ever have a cap again.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2

Uhh there is a cap.. it's 300GB. Based on your meter, your overage for June will be approximately $456.00 dollars.

LocutusBorg
Premium
Revere, MA

that would never get paid. plus there is no cap

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by LocutusBorg:

Well, whether you want to pay your bill or not in another story. But there is a cap.. it is now 300GB (instead of 250GB). But instead of them cutting you off at 250GB, they will charge you overage fees over 300GB (for example, $10 for 50GB).
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

LocutusBorg
Premium
Revere, MA
reply to jlivingood

the cap is of line for now. as in there is no cap

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by LocutusBorg:

the cap is of line for now. as in there is no cap

The new policy may be suspended for now, so that you are not billed in overage, but once the new policy is enforced, you can expect to be paying a hefty monthly fee if you continually exceed the 300GB a month. Your May and June usage indicates you will exceed the cap and will face overage fees.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

SHoTTa35

@optonline.net
reply to Rob

said by Rob:

Uhh there is a cap.. it's 300GB. Based on your meter, your overage for June will be approximately $456.00 dollars.

There is no cap anymore (temporarily) as this thread has been talking about. Some markets are going to be experimenting with 300GB but none of that is in place yet so as of now the cap has been lifted! Even when the 300GB cap goes into place, that will only be for some places while other areas will still be uncapped during their testing. Once they've decided what works best then they'll do something for all their customers but for now there is a NO CAP

LocutusBorg
Premium
Revere, MA
reply to Rob

when that happens i will switch to business class

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
reply to Rob

You know what would suck is when the new policy is activated they look back at all the excessive users during this period and charge them accordingly.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
reply to LocutusBorg

what would happen if they refuse to let you switch to a business class account until after you pay for the overages? If you say "cancel service" they may charge you both an early termination fee (if there is one) as well as the overage fee anyway which could end up in court?

Frank32

join:2009-08-07
reply to Mike Wolf

said by Mike Wolf:

You know what would suck is when the new policy is activated they look back at all the excessive users during this period and charge them accordingly.

There is currently no cap and Comcast will not be looking back once the 300GB cap is instituted. People will not be charged if they exceed 250 or 300GB while the cap is suspended.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

I know that, I was just saying it would suck if they did thats all

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Rob

said by Rob:

said by LocutusBorg:

Well, whether you want to pay your bill or not in another story. But there is a cap.. it is now 300GB (instead of 250GB). But instead of them cutting you off at 250GB, they will charge you overage fees over 300GB (for example, $10 for 50GB).

This is wrong. There is no cap right now. You're fine LocutusBorg See Profile. I hope you can double that usage this month.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4

1 recommendation

Until next month, when they announce they have now clearly identified the 1-2% who can't control themselves and have discontinued their service, the rest of you may continue as normal.

Of course you won't be able to see that anouncement.

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1

Hahah. That's rich.

LocutusBorg
Premium
Revere, MA

1 recommendation

reply to tshirt

said by tshirt:

Until next month, when they announce they have now clearly identified the 1-2% who can't control themselves and have discontinued their service, the rest of you may continue as normal.

Of course you won't be able to see that anouncement.

how can i not control myself? i am disabled, go out very little and get all my content online. im completely in control