spc
uniqs

whatsayu
@spcsdns.net

whatsayu to Matt S

Anon

to Matt S

Re: Virgin up'd my B2B throttle speed to 5GB's for $50 unlimited

my mifi 2200 bought a walmart plan still says $50 unlimited but only 3G for the first 2.5GB in back office. 3G speeds never really get above 45KBs Ok for video and skype video.

What is strange is the upload at sometimes is twice the speed of DL when doing a speed test...

It drops to 14KBs to 28KBs after 2.5GB threashold so can't really watch videos without buffering for at least 5 min and pages with a lot of flash are slow to load first visit. There are Sprint Towers all around me and it is the same no matter where I go...

I'm hoping that 4G will take the load off of 3G and give me more speed with lower latency Ping average between 445 -675 that's high.

I have had this VMB2Go for severl years now I considering buying the Verizon Mifi 4G prepaid I saw yesturday but not sure if its unlimited or capped?

VM Sprint you need to pick up the Speed or loose us...

Matt S
@spcsdns.net

Matt S

Anon

You might want to check, but I'm pretty sure Verizon has a cap. Actually, unless your using your mobile phone, which some DO have an unlimited plan, and even THOSE are few, most of the BB2G have a cap. Pretty sure Veriozn is one, AT&T (ewwww!) is another. I actually had 3 USB connections with AT&T, before I got the VM, and all 3 had 5MB caps... and may I add.... AT FRIGGIN' $60 A MOBTH FOR EACH ONE!!! If you go over that, not only do they throttle you, but they charge you $10 PER MB or part!!

I'm sticking with VM. They may have crappy tech support, and the speeds ain't great, but at least.. they still have an unlimited plan that ain't gonna cost you an arm and 2 legs! :0)

I'm just hoping that VM will put out a new device that'll support Wireless-N.... can you say... yipeeeeeeeee!
Matt S

Matt S to whatsayu

Anon

to whatsayu
Crap! Was gonna answer your question and forgot.

If you have an account with VM, login to your account page where you prepay your bill. You SHOULD see 4 plans listed there.

1. $10 plan
2. $20 plan
3. $50 plan (unlimited 2.5GB)
4. $50 plan (unlimited 5GB)

If you don't, call them up and ask about it.

You didn't hear this from me though, okay? :0)

Maybe I'm just special.

I actually called them up and asked about it, why they changed my plan, and tehy told me that it IS a new plan they added, so check it out.
Matt S

Matt S to whatsayu

Anon

to whatsayu

MetroPCS anyone?

I know this isn't on the topic, well.. maybe a little.

If you guys have MetroPCS around you, you might want to look into them. They MAY still have the deal that I got with them.

NO.... it's not a SMARTphone, it's kind of a DUMB-SMARTphone. P

Here's the deal I got:

4 phones, paid for, I think $60 each. Touch screen! Unlimited Talk-Text-Data for $100 a month TOTAL cost. NO taxes and fees and crap! $100 bucks for 4 unlimited phones.

I think it cost me like around a bit over $300. I got me, wife, daughter and son-in-law each a phone.

Don't think you can beat the price! Works out to $25 per phone for unlimited everything, and you can add stuff to it too.