Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23

1 recommendation

reply to spookypuff66

Re: [BW Meter] Comcast to Replace Usage Cap

said by spookypuff66:

>>I'm not sure I like this because it sounds like I might run into additional charges without knowing it is happening.

spookypuff66 See Profile

You replied to newview See Profile, but you actually quoted me.

So far, it isn't a problem for me because I can sign into Comcast Customer Central, see what the cap is, see my usage to date and make an informed decision whether I need to back off for the remainder of the month or not.

At the time I posted, I had heard Comcast was doing away with the 250GB cap, but it was not yet clear I would know at what point they would start charging at metered rates. Hence, I wasn't sure I would be able to manage my usage to stay in budget.

I was remembering the old Compuserve metered billing during dial up days. One could run up a horrendous bill really quickly back then. It made the service almost unusable for many of us.

From what Jason has stated since my earlier post, I feel more comfortable, that I will be able to know the point where additional billing will kick in and will still see the meter.

So, for customers like me, the concerns are gone for now. I have always dreaded metered billing, though.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by sortofageek:

I was remembering the old Compuserve metered billing during dial up days. One could run up a horrendous bill really quickly back then. It made the service almost unusable for many of us.

So, for customers like me, the concerns are gone for now. I have always dreaded metered billing, though.

Yep, as you do, I remember those days well, when CompuServe was king, navigating and downloading when minutes meant dollars at a blazing (at the time) 14,400 bit/s connection!

One evening (I can't remember now what the downlad was) I spent an extra 35 - 40 minutes trying to download something...I caught hell over the bill...and it fit on a 3.5 floppy disk.
--
Deeds, not words