dm145 to RemyM

to RemyM

Re: All digital in Hidson County NJ

Click for full size

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

I don't get it either why there's date ranges but no specific dates. I guess CV has to always have a margin of error since them sticking to a certain date never pans out in reality.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

Not to mention some towns listed are already digital
jpr281
join:2006-01-12
Shirley, NY

jpr281 to kickass69

to kickass69
said by kickass69:

I don't get it either why there's date ranges but no specific dates. I guess CV has to always have a margin of error since them sticking to a certain date never pans out in reality.

Probably why they never announce new channels before they're added. They always wait until the channels are live to put out a PR.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0 to dm145

to dm145
said by dm145:

I am on the Paterson system and got a letter that says after June 5 I will need a box on every TV in order to continue to get the following channels:

- Antenna TV
- Estrella TV
- Jewelry Television
- Kids Thirteen
- Live Well
- NBC NY Non-Stop
- NYC Life
- TBN
- Vme
- WFME
- WLIW Create
- WLIW Digital
- WLIW World

These are all channels in Broadcast Basic and can be gotten without a box right now. Everything else outside of Broadcast Basic needs a box currently.

So it seems like Cablevision has decided to encrypt most of Broadcast Basic, with the exception of C-Span, News12 and the major broadcast networks (but their sub channels are being encrypted).

Does anyone know if the "unlimited free boxes for a year" applies to accounts that already have boxes? I didn't have any boxes, just Cable Cards.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

sounds like they are doubling back to the areas that have been digital for a while and are now encrypting all but 2,4,5,7,9,11,13 and the spanish channels

lets be honest, the amount of customers that even know how to receive these channels is miniscule

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35 to Jmartz0

Anon

to Jmartz0
said by Jmartz0:

said by dm145:

I am on the Paterson system and got a letter that says after June 5 I will need a box on every TV in order to continue to get the following channels:

- Antenna TV
- Estrella TV
- Jewelry Television
- Kids Thirteen
- Live Well
- NBC NY Non-Stop
- NYC Life
- TBN
- Vme
- WFME
- WLIW Create
- WLIW Digital
- WLIW World

These are all channels in Broadcast Basic and can be gotten without a box right now. Everything else outside of Broadcast Basic needs a box currently.

So it seems like Cablevision has decided to encrypt most of Broadcast Basic, with the exception of C-Span, News12 and the major broadcast networks (but their sub channels are being encrypted).

Does anyone know if the "unlimited free boxes for a year" applies to accounts that already have boxes? I didn't have any boxes, just Cable Cards.

Wait, aren't they just simply going digital with those channels? Are you saying you have a ClearQAM TV and get those channels now directly without a box or just a normal anolog?

In lots of places they went digital (doesn't mean encrypted) but left basic channels also available in anolog. it would just seem they are removing all anolog channels now so you'll need a box (or QAM TV) to get them.

AFAIK - CT is all digital so but my QAM TV picks up about 20-30 channels no problem. Only in NYC do they encrypt even basic channels which then requires a box/cable card to view. If your area is digital then basic is available via QAM (other than NYC as I said).

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0

I get those channels in the clear QAM. I think TBN is the only "analog" one in the list that will go away.

I can get broadcast basic in analog (not the sub channels though) and clear QAM if I can find the digital version. My TV doesn't map them to the right channels, I can usually find them in the 88.1 range, but even that changes randomly every other day it seems. I just picked up 4 free boxes to supplement the Tivo. Now if I want to use VOD I can. After the year is up, I just go back to the Tivo only. Maybe keep one box just for fun.