join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

to XXXXXXXXXXX1

Re: Appraisals and Finished Basements

This is in two letters, BS. This means I got screwed royally when I bought my house because they DEFINITELY counted the basement Sq. footage in that valuation. If I have to take off 900 sq. feet plus a bathroom I am sure my house would be considered way over priced compared to other homes and I would be upside down in it in a huge way.

Love it when they change the game after the fact. Too bad you can't just "adjust" the amount owed on a mortgage to comply with the new lower valuation. Wow.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by KrK:

This is in two letters, BS. This means I got screwed royally when I bought my house because they DEFINITELY counted the basement Sq. footage in that valuation. If I have to take off 900 sq. feet plus a bathroom I am sure my house would be considered way over priced compared to other homes and I would be upside down in it in a huge way.

Love it when they change the game after the fact. Too bad you can't just "adjust" the amount owed on a mortgage to comply with the new lower valuation. Wow.

Yeah, you may have gotten royally burned on that one. When you get comp'd during a refi appraisal or a sale, you'll lose that bathroom and square footage... and it could potentially be a deal breaker for bank financing for your buyer.

Better look into it...