Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to urbanriot

Premium Member

to urbanriot

Re: [Rant] Kirpans allowed in Ontario Courts

said by urbanriot:

The kirpan in question would rationally be ceremonial and not a crocadile dundee machete and the blade may not exceed 10 CM.

Take out a measuring tape.

That's 8cm.

This is 10cm.

I'm sure the police have shot people for waving around less, but I digress.

As for your spyderco, you wouldn't be allowed into the Robert S.K. Welch Courthouse with it and would set off the metal detector you need to walk through, that's for sure. If they caught you with it inside, you'd be arrested.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by Gone:

I'm sure the police have shot people for waving around less, but I digress.

I'm sure this is concerning a law to allow people to openly wear an ornamental knife rather than waving one around so I'm sure them and everyone else will be okay. At least with Sikh's, we can see who has a knife.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
Will these religious knives also be allowed on airplanes?

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to urbanriot

Premium Member

to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

I'm sure this is concerning a law to allow people to openly wear an ornamental knife rather than waving one around so I'm sure them and everyone else will be okay. At least with Sikh's, we can see who has a knife.

No, this discussion is related to bringing what amounts to a knife into an Ontario courtroom (see first post here), which is considered a secure area under the Public Works Protection Act in Ontario where knifes are otherwise prohibited as a safety concern.

I have no problem with someone walking down the street wearing a kirpan. Hell, I don't even think they're such a big deal in schools (I mean, kids use cutlery after all) I simply take issue with them being able to bring one into a designated secure area where the whole purpose of the area being secure is to prevent objects like even basic cutlery from getting in.