spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DoctorX

join:2010-08-01

both cablecards all of a sudden say unactivated.

Is there an outage i dont know about? Chad can you help me get these reactivated?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118
I have sent the activation and validation signals to your cablecards, let me know if that gets them working again.

ZC_217

join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA
reply to DoctorX
hopefully those cablecards aren't in TiVo's. If they are, i bid you good luck keeping them working.

DoctorX

reply to DoctorX
no... they are still not activated. Can you please figure out why they were deactivated?

DoctorX

reply to ZC_217
no... hd homerun primes.

Bierboy

join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to ZC_217
said by ZC_217:

hopefully those cablecards aren't in TiVo's. If they are, i bid you good luck keeping them working.

What's that supposed to mean? I've had CableCARDS in one TiVo for six years and in another TiVo for three years and they've both worked fine...
Expand your moderator at work

ZC_217

join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA
reply to Bierboy

Re: both cablecards all of a sudden say unactivated.

said by Bierboy:

What's that supposed to mean? I've had CableCARDS in one TiVo for six years and in another TiVo for three years and they've both worked fine...

In short, TiVo's no longer dynamically update the device channel map from the cable card when the map changes. I've had this issue for nearly 2+ yrs. Another friend of mine that has a TiVo has the same issue. After working with the so called "Executive Relations Team" at TiVo, they basically said tough luck. If you want to know more details send me a PM.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to DoctorX
I am not showing any reason they should have been deactivated. I will try the activation one more time. If that does not work then we will need to get a trouble call scheduled for you.

Bierboy

join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

3 edits
reply to ZC_217
said by ZC_217:

said by Bierboy:

In short, TiVo's no longer dynamically update the device channel map from the cable card when the map changes. I've had this issue for nearly 2+ yrs. Another friend of mine that has a TiVo has the same issue. After working with the so called "Executive Relations Team" at TiVo, they basically said tough luck. If you want to know more details send me a PM.

All I can tell you is that I've had no problems...

caseywor

join:2004-04-19
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Charter
·Mediacom
reply to DoctorX
Hope things get worked out for you pretty quickly. I had a similar thing happen a month or so ago. I took my old Motorola DVR box back to Mediacom's office, this was a few weeks after getting Tivo up and running at my house with a cablecard. By the time I got home, I was getting the not authorized message on my screen. A tech came out that day to check on another problem I had reported, and he was on the phone with dispatch for about an hour or more having them resend signals to no avail, and even replaced the card, it still didn't work. They would send a signal, and said the subscription info in the signal was correct, but it wouldn't work. Finally, the next day, they had to do something to fix my account, and it started back working. When my tech was there, it was getting late, and their data center was closed. I think the lady in the office did something to my account to bobo it up, according to what I was hearing from the tech and what the dispatch was telling him. Chad may want to take a look at my account notes to see if it may give a clue as to this. I am sure he will get it remedied no matter what.

CableCat

join:2012-05-25
Ames, IA
when activating a tivo go through the whole setup process, then have a cable card verification hit sent first, then an intitialize hit, then a cold hit, in that order. Then tell it to seek channels.

DoctorX

reply to DoctorX
update... still says not activated.. but i am getting my channels.. *shrug*

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Lets give it some time to see if that notice drop. You say the channels are working on both?