spc
Search similar:

uniqs

rads
@telus.net

rads

Anon

[AB] Missing channels

Does anyone know what channels you get or is there a way to check? Im in Edmonton and a legacy DTV sub (classic to DTV.) I have noticed a few channels missing and as far as im aware we should get them. Its so frustrating when shaw just up and removes a channel that you had for a long time. As far as I know there were no promos on the account. Ever since the upgrades started, its been rocky...

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

No easy way,

What are you missing?

fan13027
join:2008-10-26
Kelowna, BC

fan13027 to rads

to rads
»www.shaw.ca/Television/C ··· istings/

There is a "selection box" at the top of the list ... make sure you select Basic, Classic, or Digital as appropriate in your case.

rads
@telus.net

rads to kevinds

Anon

to kevinds
TLN and MSNBC that I noticed so far.

According to »secure.shaw.ca/channels/ ··· ngs.asp? its says those are DTV and we're legacy classic cable DTV sub with no extras. We had the channels for about a year and now there gone. why? The only difference from the legacy to regular DTV is that we get EA2 that I know of. Though I must say im not surprised, I figured some channels would disappear some day.
rads

rads to fan13027

Anon

to fan13027
said by fan13027:

»www.shaw.ca/Television/C ··· istings/

There is a "selection box" at the top of the list ... make sure you select Basic, Classic, or Digital as appropriate in your case.

Thats what I did and like i said it says it belongs to digital tv.

Digital TV 65 Telelatino
Digital TV 89 MSNBC

Thats why I was asking for something official. Does that mean Im to get them? If theres no official "tiers" then shaw can tell me anything and make up what ever they want if I were to call in. If that is the official "tiers" then I should get them.

It just adds to the confusion and frustration. They were fine for a long time now shaw just changed there mind.

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to rads

to rads
@rads - if you want to register and pm me your account details / email address, I can send you a complete list of what you're subscribing too.

Cheers.

rads
@telus.net

rads

Anon

said by ShawSean:

@rads - if you want to register and pm me your account details / email address, I can send you a complete list of what you're subscribing too.

Cheers.

I appreciate the offer to send a list of channels that are subscribed, but I was under the impression we were sub'ed to those channels. Rather than agitate the situation, Ill save the headache for another day. I only wish that in the future, no more channels are removed from the sub.

thx

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

Have you had your STB reset/reprovisioned to make sure it has the correct programming?

I'm in Calgary with Basic+HDPlus, MSNBC is 88 here, Telelatino is 65, both work.

I don't see that anybody else from Edmonton posted if they receive those channels or not.

rads
@telus.net

rads

Anon

said by kevinds:

Have you had your STB reset/reprovisioned to make sure it has the correct programming?

I'm in Calgary with Basic+HDPlus, MSNBC is 88 here, Telelatino is 65, both work.

I don't see that anybody else from Edmonton posted if they receive those channels or not.

No I havent called or chatted with shaw. But it appears all STB are doing this (at home). Maybe its as easy as a 'bump' or maybe shaw will say they dont belong to my 'tier' then the disappointment/frustration may be greater. They were there in the beginning, now there gone. Its kinda funny how you cant tell what 'tier' package I belong to. Its almost like its fully customizable; but not. Thats why I said I would rather save the headache for now, and hope theirs no more set backs.
Ommina
join:2006-08-28

Ommina

said by rads :

No I havent called or chatted with shaw. But it appears all STB are doing this (at home). Maybe its as easy as a 'bump' or maybe shaw will say they dont belong to my 'tier' then the disappointment/frustration may be greater. They were there in the beginning, now there gone.

I admit I'm not really seeing the logic of this. "Not getting the channels" + the possibility that it is unintentional is better than "not getting the channels" + they were removed from the package ?

It seems to me that either way, you're not getting the channels. Perhaps it is just me, but I'd rather know what is going on.

rads
@telus.net

rads

Anon

said by Ommina:

said by rads :

No I havent called or chatted with shaw. But it appears all STB are doing this (at home). Maybe its as easy as a 'bump' or maybe shaw will say they dont belong to my 'tier' then the disappointment/frustration may be greater. They were there in the beginning, now there gone.

I admit I'm not really seeing the logic of this. "Not getting the channels" + the possibility that it is unintentional is better than "not getting the channels" + they were removed from the package ?

It seems to me that either way, you're not getting the channels. Perhaps it is just me, but I'd rather know what is going on.

Yes I can see where it seems illogical not to call in with a problem. But this isint the first problem with the service. Back before Dcatv I NEVER had a problem. Chatting about it here, shaw doesn't seem to have an official list for me, so whats my argument? Shaw can tell me anything and theirs nothing I can do but b*tch and switch. I have a feeling that because im a classic cable digital TV sub, I fall into a black hole. Im sure shaw could tweak the account and get them back by changing the 'package' witch would mean a potential price increase and yet again a channel lineup change. Ive called in once before about a problem with the service, only to be left feeling frustrated and helpless.

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

I throw out my offer to help again if you're getting frustrated rads, my virtual door is always open (when i'm in the office). Feel free to pm me and we'll take it from there.

Cheers.

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds to rads

Premium Member

to rads
Haven't heard back on your resolution on this,

Your argument, your friend, kevinds , has the old Basic TV, and HDPlus (HDPlus only affects the HD channels) packages and is still subscribed to the channels.

Additionally you can try the 'bump' as you called it yourself,

»activations.shaw.ca/acti ··· ate.aspx

rads
@telus.net

rads

Anon

said by kevinds:

Haven't heard back on your resolution on this,

My resolution? The Resolution is 1920x1080 pixels, sent at 60/120hz. LoL
said by kevinds:

Your argument, your friend, kevinds , has the old Basic TV, and HDPlus (HDPlus only affects the HD channels) packages and is still subscribed to the channels.

All I know is we're classic 3 tier digital?? When i use the link above thread, my channels do not match and we have lost the two mentioned. But maybe there are others in its place? If things don't change again, I guess im ok for the time being.
said by kevinds:

Additionally you can try the 'bump' as you called it yourself,

»activations.shaw.ca/acti ··· ate.aspx

I did not know you can bumb your own box online on the fly. (cold reset?) Or is this the chat feature that has a employe do it?

If its simple to bumb online, maybe worth a try for the heck of it. Then again, maybe we'll lose them all!! LOL. Then I'll have no choice to call and yell.

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

No, an employee is not required,

The activation process is the same as the reset,

Send reset signal so the unit reboots without authorization for anything, then transmits the authorization for the channels.

Asks for your system (Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, ect), account number, and serial number.

-Posted from my phone.

rads
@telus.net

rads

Anon

Thanks, Guess it could be used to clear saves and reminders as well hopefully.

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

It will not clear hard-drive data, or should say is not supposed to, had it happen once.

The units without hard drives, DCT700, DCT2x00, yes, it will clear that, including auto-tune and favorite lists.

The cold-boot/reset is another process, that erases the firmware on the device and reloads it, and can brick terminals with poor signal - that I won't post here how to do that publically unless really needed.