how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dabonz

join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

[Extreme] FTP Speeds

I Rent a Dedicated Seedbox on 100bit pipe and for 6 month I was getting good speeds off my FTP and now its seems from 6pm-2am I get slow speeds like 200k's It takes me now to download a 700mb file in the evening 20 minutes but in the daytime takes me 3minutes
I foned rogers and told them That my speeds are fooken slow has hell I cant give them to much information on my Status but'm the only guy downloading off my seedbox its a dedicated seedbox

There saying that its network congestion which is BS I have tried to turn on proxy and download via web and its a littlebit faster then the speeds that I'm getting via FTP in the daytime man 14gb in like 15minutes I can download more in the daytime now then I can in the evening

I think there full of S.H.I.T and i cant switrch ISP cuz bell does the samething

Feedback would be aprreciated

Dabonz

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
If you download from port 80 is it any faster?

dabonz

Ottawa, ON
A little bit not much tho

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
It's possible the routing changed, overseas stuff is really finicky and Rogers cant always control that. What about speeds for local servers?

»ftp://debian.mirror.iweb.ca/debian-cd/···VD-2.iso

dabonz

Ottawa, ON
that link you gave me I Tested with FileZilla good speeds

the cerberus

join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON

1 edit
Click for full size
hit the double arrow to expand tab options
Click for full size
choose site manager, click + to add the ftp
Click for full size
go to the site explorer tab to navigate the ftp
Click for full size
dont forget to raise the connections in the settings(gear/cog button)
You need to open more connections to a seedbox.
Only one connection to an FTP is low priority, and it will give its attention to the torrents instead.
Download FDM, set it to a large number of connections, add the FTP in the site manager, download, and it WILL MAX OUT your Rogers connection.
»www.freedownloadmanager.org/