spc
uniqs
scoosdad
join:2007-04-28
Worcester, MA

scoosdad to AcctQuestion

to AcctQuestion

Re: Email active after account cancel?

Pretty sure they do not. I recently called to set a cancellation date for my Verizon DSL and the agent advised me to be sure I had all my personal and online accounts email switched over by that date or I would not receive them after that point. I actually needed more time to make sure that happened so I extended the shut off date by a few more weeks.

Ironically, the one I had trouble changing was DSL Reports due to their recent server troubles. That's all set now and I think that was the last one. Bye bye Verizon, you don't want DSL customers anymore anyway.
JTS33
join:2003-05-03
USA

JTS33

said by scoosdad:

Pretty sure they do not. I recently called to set a cancellation date for my Verizon DSL and the agent advised me to be sure I had all my personal and online accounts email switched over by that date or I would not receive them after that point. I actually needed more time to make sure that happened so I extended the shut off date by a few more weeks.

Ironically, the one I had trouble changing was DSL Reports due to their recent server troubles. That's all set now and I think that was the last one. Bye bye Verizon, you don't want DSL customers anymore anyway.

Sounds like you'd know and can report back here pretty soon if they really turn off Verizon e-mail right after cancellation. My friend cancelled FiOS a couple weeks ago, and his Verizon e-mail is still working. But maybe they're still billing him for service.