dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« death of symmetric tiers?Bah! »
This is a sub-selection from Meaningless...

mech1164
I'll Be Back
join:2001-11-19
Lodi, NJ

mech1164 to Bootes

to Bootes

Re: Meaninless...

We had our town wired as of the first install. It's been years they still haven't wired older apts. New green builds yes not the one already built.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer

Premium Member

There are often conflicts with the building owners who have been locked into exclusivity contracts by cable, RCN... they don't want Verizon coming in and messing up the building with new wires run all over... or they have been screwed over by Verizon in the past and could care less if Verizon wants to come in. I have only been approached by one building owner who said he wanted FIOS run in the building but Verizon wasn't contacting him despite many of his tenants trying to order. I called the FIOS engineer for him but don't know what happened.

Of course, there is also the fact that Verizon is just not interested in FIOS anymore. They have stopped the roll-out into areas that don't currently have franchise agreements. They are also trying to lay-off techs in the already drastically reduced workforce. The techs that are still here are being assigned to moving copper customers onto FIOS (this is bad for a number of reasons). Simply put, Verizon should change its motto from 'We make progress everyday' to 'We'll get to it when we get to it'
« death of symmetric tiers?Bah! »
This is a sub-selection from Meaningless...