uniqs
whymeintrouble
Premium Member
join:2001-06-20
Naperville, IL

whymeintrouble

Premium Member

[Cooling] need a new hsf for asus 4870

Unfortunately my vid card fan decided to die. Any recommendations on something that will keep it cool?
Thanks!

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

You could do a LOGISYS Computer VC4600 Hydro VGA Cooler for $61 or a ARCTIC COOLING ACCEL-S1-PLUS Accelero S1 PLUS VGA Cooler ($49) plus the ARCTIC COOLING ACCEL-S-TM Turbo Module Add-On Module ($15)--note that the addon fans are required on a 4870, they sell the cooler by itself for lower-end cards that can get by on passive cooling. Both are compatible with the Radeon 4870 reference model.

It's also possible that depending on the manufacturer, they sell the OEM fan as a replacement for much cheaper (or they sell it on Newegg/Microcenter/FrozenCPU/Amazon). Do you know what the fan's specs are?
whymeintrouble
Premium Member
join:2001-06-20
Naperville, IL

whymeintrouble

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

.......... It's also possible that depending on the manufacturer, they sell the OEM fan as a replacement for much cheaper (or they sell it on Newegg/Microcenter/FrozenCPU/Amazon). Do you know what the fan's specs are?

unfortunately I do not know the specs on it. the exact model of the card I believe is the ASUS EAH4870/HTDI/512. doing this from memory though. I really don't care how big a fan it has on it, it is pretty much the only expansion card in the computer, and the case gives it tons of breathing room.

I have also considered this : Arctic Cooling Accelero L2 PLUS
»www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooli ··· lus.html

I'm also considering the Logisys you mentioned as well.

thank you for your input!

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I don't know if the single fan solution for the 4870 would be sufficient, even though they claim it. I would go with the S1+ and the turbo module (twin fans). I used to have a 4870, and remember it being warm.

In the end, totally up to you though.