how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

xwaretech

join:2011-01-30
Bedford, OH

Broadband in Bedford 44146

I currently have TWC and it's service isn't the greatest, but it isn't dial up right? I wouldn't pay 75 bucks a month for dial up though, nor would I expect to pay 10 bucks a month for 30mbps download either. But I need some help on what to do. Rumors are going around that tomorrow (05/19/2012) TWC will be raising rates by about 10 bucks for my service, that means with taxes and everything, i'll be paying 85-90 bucks for what I have. Now I cut the cable about a year an half ago, for a reason. I'm not home, I don't use it to watch TV, what's the point! I use the internet for gaming, and streaming videos. (Playing wow, D3 and GW2) Yes, I'm a gamer.

Now, I've been around the block 2-3 times trying to find out who has competition with TWC in the speed range that I have, and nobody does. Highest from ATT is DSL at a mere 6mbps, and Sat, you can forget that. Clearwire is okay, i'm about 200 yards away from a tower from where I live, but i'm afraid if i Get that I won't get great service, and everyone I know says it has VERY high latency.

So I'm asking for some help here... Anyone know any other places to go to for a gamer to get great speeds? and not pay 90 bucks a month?

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101

Might check the uverse.att.com site, I have elite from at&t and I know I qualified for 12/1 from the same C.O. If your elite tier was fine and worked you shouldn't have problems with 12/1

xwaretech

Bedford, OH

Too far away from the node to get it, I would be stuck with 6 mbps at most. Which isn't gonna cut it with me and my fiancee streaming/playing games

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101

I wonder if IPDSL isn't available to your area yet. That might explain it a bit.

xwaretech

Bedford, OH

I checked, We do not have IPDSL in the area right now