ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to Ghastlyone

Re: [Official] Torchlight 2 Thread

If you're fighting up close, then yeah. Getting something with lifesteal can make your life a lot easier.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Beef7

Got it through steam.

Then realized I hate steam.

Cancelled order with steam and got it directly through runic. (why the fuck would I play a game through steam which requires you to run their client all the time, F THAT)

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DIDN'T PLAY THE BETA.

Huge improvement from the beta.

Targeting works great, movement works great, auto-attack no longer ends for no reason.

THEY POLISHED THE GAME VERY NICELY SINCE BETA

bravo runic. GREAT GAME.

as said before

TL2 + GW2 + LoL = i can die in peace

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

Welcome back man.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Beef7

Click for full size
This game is awesome. It's so much fun. There are so many gear upgrades and variations!

My little Engineer is a lot of fun. The healing bot is a must, I'm going to max that talent out.

I also got my first Unique 2 handed weapon...

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Beef7

Ok, I got a huge gripe with this game.

You cannot completely respec your talent points. You're only able to refund your last 3 points you spent.

That has got to be the lamest shit ever. I don't know what the developers were thinking on that.

I really hope they change it later on.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

You can use a console command to refund them, though your character will show an exclamation point in multiplayer games signifying that you are a "cheater". There should be a mod out soon that will allow you to drink a potion that refunds your points. Don't worry, moddable game = play how you want.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Ghastlyone

Enjoying my engineer a lot but still need to find what its the main atttribute i need to focus. This is what D3 should have been.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4

I need to stop playing LoL and get into this game..............
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Jobbie

Engineer is your "tanking" class primary us Vitality with Str/Dex as alternate. Focus is really lacking any scaling for the engineer at least what i've played.
--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to Beef7

Got through Act 1 with the outlander. The scaling so far was pretty good and I love the loot.

Too tempted to start another character though.... I keep picking up cool melee weapons.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to I_H8_Spam

said by I_H8_Spam:

Engineer is your "tanking" class primary us Vitality with Str/Dex as alternate. Focus is really lacking any scaling for the engineer at least what i've played.

I'm going mainly 2H DPS with my Engineer focusing on Strength, with Vitality as my second focus. I put points into the healing bot and, spider drones, and now the turret bot.

I tried a sword and shield and just didn't care for it much.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

Speaking of shields... I love how the outlander can use a shield with a one handed gun. As well as how a melee outlander can be a killing machine.

They did a really good job with the classes so you're not always stuck with the class' favourite weapon if you want to be useful.

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Ghastlyone

said by Ghastlyone:

I'm going mainly 2H DPS with my Engineer focusing on Strength, with Vitality as my second focus. I put points into the healing bot and, spider drones, and now the turret bot.

I tried a sword and shield and just didn't care for it much.

I'm playing a Construction/Aegis Engineer right now. 2h Cannon is primary, Mace/Board is swap set to get vitality up for max healing up with the bot/potion, or when kiting is not ideal.
--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV

What I do for kiting, is pop the Haste buff spell which increases attack and run speed, and then just keep casting spider bots. And throw a turret bot out if needed.

I'm almost done with Act 2 so far. The hardest boss fight I've come up against, of all things, was on a phase portal. In Act 2, it was a trio of Tar Sludge looking guys. They absolutely wrecked me. I did forget to buff my pet though on that fight also.

Overall, I'm impressed with this game. So much fun. I haven't even played multi player yet, I imagine that makes it that much better.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

I am going 2H DPS Engineer, as well, though, I am taking a different route. My focus areas are passives and the gun bot, as when it comes out with the higher tiers, it will increase all of your damage for the entire duration that it is on the field.

Once I hit level 35 with my Engineer, my playstyle definitely became more lively (I purchased the charging ability that rushes you forward at your target and releases bolts, upon collision with the enemy, that give you back 5% of your mana for each enemy hit). Throw a concussion grenade, followed by some spider mines, charge in, and finish with the lightning cleave ability. Rinse and repeat until all enemies are neutralized.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Beef7

I'm a 2H damage engineer as well. We're all the same kind of nerd, I guess. Focusing on Strength and Vitality, but added a bit of dex here and there for crits. Have health bot and bulwark, as well as more 2h weapon damage focus. Just started.

I love fishing! I caught a lot of different fish, and have tried some of them out. I have one that permenantly changes my pet, plus got a lot of loot from a goldfish. I spent probably 1/8 of my play time so far fishing.
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

Dynamite fishing is a real blast!

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
reply to Kristopher

said by Kristopher:

I'm a 2H damage engineer as well. We're all the same kind of nerd, I guess. Focusing on Strength and Vitality, but added a bit of dex here and there for crits. Have health bot and bulwark, as well as more 2h weapon damage focus. Just started.

Same focus stats wise, but I have put 0 points in Dex and about 25 or 30 in Focus. Focus increases your magic damage (along with maximum mana and execute (dual-wield double strike chance)), which the Engineer has plenty of Fire/Electric magic damage with his skills.

said by Kristopher:

I love fishing! I caught a lot of different fish, and have tried some of them out. I have one that permenantly changes my pet, plus got a lot of loot from a goldfish. I spent probably 1/8 of my play time so far fishing.

You found one that changed it permanently? Man, all the ones that I have caught have been five minutes or less changes. Though, I really would not want it to permanently change Professor Chaos the ferret anyways.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV

Yeah so far, I've found about 5 different fish that change my pet permanently.

You guys catch any gold fish yet? Those sell for a bunch of gold.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

My first fish was a gold fish. I was thinking I got a low level crap fish. When I went to check them out, I smiled at my luck.
--

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
reply to Beef7

I think I am going to have to break down and give this game a try tonight. I'm still addicted to GW2 and haven't played anything else since that released but you all's enthusiasm for the game in this thread has me itching to try it. I was thinking of rolling an embermage, has anyone played one? Is it a fun class?

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to Beef7

wrong forum woops

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Beef7

Really digging this game. It's basically what Diablo 3 should have been. The only difference though, is I can't make money off Torchlight, lol. I basically have to trade off having more fun for more chances at $$$.

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT

How's the multiplayer in this?

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

Bitching, honestly. It's very Diablo 2 - esque. LAN support, internet matching, etc. It's basically Diablo 3 but allows for single & LAN play (ie. no lag).

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT

Sounds more akin to Diablo 1, D2 open bnet... aka rampant hack fest? Is there any way to play with legits only?
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

It could very well be open hack fest. In fact, Torchlight 2 devs are planning to release kits so that people can make their own mods/environments/etc.

As for playing with legits only, I can't think of a guaranteed method...well, other than playing with friends. When me and friends used to join in on a D2 LAN party, nobody really used hacks. Going through a fun game on pure god mode just isn't fun.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

When you modify anything on the game files you will get an exclamation mark (!) next your name.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

FizzyMyNizzy

join:2004-05-29
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

1 edit

said by Jobbie:

When you modify anything on the game files you will get an exclamation mark (!) next your name.

I find that not true. I see a lot of people asking about there name having ! Next to it. When there isnt one.

====

Ah, is not next to the name. Is when they join the game. There is an (!) on that sentence.

FizzyMyNizzy

join:2004-05-29
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

Sounds more akin to Diablo 1, D2 open bnet... aka rampant hack fest? Is there any way to play with legits only?

I would say this game is wayyyyyy faster leveling than any diablo games. I bet you could beat normal 1-50 in a day. And then start 50-100 the next day. Thats if you play normal mode.

This game has lan, solo, internet mode. So, hacks will happen.

One thing i dislike is, you could only respec the last 3 points you put in to your skill tree. I dont think you could respec your char stats at all. Like str, dodge, focus, life.

-----------

What i dont get is.... do you get anything special playing higher diff thsn normal? What would elite mode give me?