share rss forum feed

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to TheThing

Re: [Official] Torchlight 2 Thread

Stick with Diablo 3 then if you prefer having no options. Myself, I never remember there being a problem in having too much personal choice in how to receive my fun.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to TheThing

Actually the game+ is still on the same difficulty as what you were on, just a new game scaled to your current level. Unless you use a mod or start over, I don't think you can change the difficulty itself. I think the difficulty affects nothing like amount of loot, etc besides being a harder challenge for you.

Since it is not truly an online game and I don't play with others, I play the game I find fun - ie, use the console to respec whenever I feel like it. Even if you do play with others, I guess the worst thing is you are so uber from hacking/modding that you kill everything before others can get to it. That's why they have a cheater flag so others can choose to not play with you. All loot is personalized, so it's not like you can steal other people's loot. I am assuming though they get loot and exp from mobs you kill, but I don't know that for sure since I don't play online.

I think any games that are single player should allow you to do this so I can play however I want (with my very limited playtime now that I am married). It's only when it's an MMO where you can get an advantage over others they should enforce rules.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to Thaler

said by Thaler:

Stick with Diablo 3 then if you prefer having no options. Myself, I never remember there being a problem in having too much personal choice in how to receive my fun.

I actually started this thread! But in the end, because of what I mentioned my interest dissipated in this game...

moved on to PoE... and eventually Marvel Heroes, because it fits my play desires more closely

D3 sucks!

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

said by TheThing See Profile
D3 sucks!
[/BQUOTE :

I feel bad for D3. D3 didn't do nothing to you in this thread. Leave D3 alone.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

DDDDDD3333333!!!!!!!!!!!! D3 screwed up my quoting!?! Screw you d3.

puppy

reply to puppy

My outlander is 70ish and still a lot of fun, but finding all this melee stuff I decided to make a dual wielding berserker. I just hit 42 last night and got the Ravage skill, woot what a great skill.

Hits 3x for every mob near you, great for triggering spells on weapons (supposedly only the main hand weapon procs though).

I'm sort of following the Xrilla guide, but also kind of want to go with spell procs, so I'm doing like 2/1/2 str/dex/foc, ignoring vit as usual (useless unless you want to max block).

The shadow burst where you turn into a wolf for a brief second and burst forward is a great skill, I love it for its mobility and zooming all around the screen.

Still having fun with this game, it's such a deal for $20.

puppy

Having a blast with this berserker! I also found an "eye of the dragon" off Thiss that has 5% chance to cast meteor from target (on hit), way better than the one that drops meteor on kill. My weapon has chance to sprout geiser on hit, and I also added the gem that has chance to cast thunder.

I wolf sprint into a huge pack, do my ravage (360 degree) and all sorts of shit fall from the sky since ravage hits each target around me 3x, giving all sorts of chances to proc these. So fun ^_^

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Beef7

I finally picked this up and I'm liking it much more than the first Torchlight. Using a berserker with vampiric fist weapons (lifesteal) and health regen gear. Basically, I'm Wolverine. I'm up to level 14 and haven't died or even had to drink a health potion yet.

I got lucky and got a fish that permanently changed my pet into a moleman that stuns enemies.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Beef7

I haven't logged into this game in awhile. I think my Embermage is level 73 or so.

Maybe I'll play this weekend.