spc
uniqs
ScrawnyB
join:2004-05-18
Mechanicsburg, PA

ScrawnyB to wolfsmane

to wolfsmane

Re: Atlantic Broadband speeds

That sounds like network congestion on ABB's peering providers, or your node.

I always speedtest to Washington, DC, as it's one of the closer datacenter/exchanges. I always get a solid 40.83/3.20Mbps here.

Can you post your modem stats anyways?
EnerJi
join:2011-02-19
Pacific NW

EnerJi

Click for full size
Modem Stats
Like the OP, I regularly get FAR below my rated speeds (30 Mb/3Mb) on speedtest.net.

I just tried a test, and it's actually much better than it's been recently. On speedtest.net, I got 20/3, about 66% of my rated downstream. On the »speedtest.atlanticbb.net/ site, I got just about my rated speeds: 29.24/3.18.

My modem stats are attached. I'm using a Motorola SB6120, running SB612X-1.0.3.3-SCM00-NOSH firmware, and boot version PSPU-Boot 1.0.0.4m1.
ScrawnyB
join:2004-05-18
Mechanicsburg, PA

ScrawnyB

Your stats look excellent.

I must ask though... where are you that ABB has 30/3?

The main packages here are 1M/512K, 8M/1M, 20M/2M, and 40/3M.
wolfsmane
join:2003-05-01
Aiken, SC

wolfsmane to ScrawnyB

to ScrawnyB
Sorry for my lateness, was out of town.

Please, tell me how to acquire these signal stats.
EnerJi
join:2011-02-19
Pacific NW

EnerJi to ScrawnyB

to ScrawnyB
It's the unleashed tier, in Miami Beach. I believe that package is 40/3 in other areas. There must be capacity challenges with the local plant which caused them to lower the tier.

Oddly enough, I'm seeing a max of about 7 Mbps down on my Macbook Pro, even directly connected to the modem via Ethernet (with no router in the middle), and even in safe mode.

I plugged in a Windows XP laptop, and pulled down 30 Mbps in my first speedtest. Definitely something odd going on that I need to look into further.