See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Robotics

Premium Member

[Rant] Heads Up...Watch Your Monthly Bill

February of this year my bill increased just under $20.00
I thought it was just another price hike since I did read something about an increase here on DSLR. So I didn't think much about it.

This month/bill (may -june) jumped $49.00+

No explanation on the actual bill what so ever. So I called.
A total of three reps. on the 800# couldn't answer what the increase was for, and one got slightly rude over the deal, since I was pushing hard for answers...so I hung up on them and called Corporate.

Appears Comcast has been charging me for 3 boxes starting Feb. of this year, but can not supply a date that I requested a third box/upgrade to service. They will never find it since I have never requested a third box.

The bill I just got has an increase of 49 some bucks, and the lady at Corp. said that I now have 4 boxes at my house hooked up.
Again, I asked for a date this upgrade and delivery of a box was made, and she couldn't tell me (again because it never happened)

She has put my account into an audit (I think she called it). They will go back in time and try to find whats going on.

I mentioned to her that there are only 3 cables coming off the splitter at the back of the house going into the house. One each to the two tv's I have had from day one of service, and one going to the modem.
I even offered her to have a tech roll out here and go over my house and find these extra two boxes and the TV's and cables that they go to. (I only own two tv's)

She also mentioned one of the boxes was equipped with DVR.
Funny I don't have a DVR box here, and don't have DVR service on my account. She did see clearly I dont and never had DVR service.

I hope this get straightening out. They are usually great at the Corp. office getting to the bottom of this type of snafu.
She also had me get 2 sets of numbers off each of the 2 boxes I have here, one was OK I guess since she didn't say anything, the other had one number that jives with their info, the other number didn't belong on that particular box.

They can't keep track of the boxes they shell out to people...this is so obvious!

I wanted to post this here, hoping people out there keep a close eye out on their bills from Comcast. They are doing random audits on accounts lately from what she said at Corp.

I cant count how many billing problems I have had with them in the last 12 years...but I can safely say I would need a third hand and 5 additional fingers to count them.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

What bill do you check? If you are using on-line, don't forget to view and/or download the FULL bill. That will detail all charges and you can catch why the total changed. It also usually lists upcoming channel and pricing changes. My latest bill also included the current channel map.

ricon
@spcsdns.net

ricon to Robotics

Anon

to Robotics
If as you said serial numbers do not match your box would not work.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
Louisa, VA

Robotics to andyross

Premium Member

to andyross
I tried that but the bill hasn't really been issued, or is not complete, and it only showed the total that will be due on June 6th. The details aren't there yet as of today, but it does show qhat the total is going to be.
Robotics

Robotics to ricon

Premium Member

to ricon
Click for full size
Well all I can say is the box worked for months until it lost half of the 800 channel range (HD). But I could still get the same HD channels in the 200 range.
Believe me the box(s) worked, and one still does. What makes you think I would pay for something and not have it work for months? And on top of that, do you really think the tech would have left without it working? Hell he used my phone to call in the boxes to get them authorized.
Sorry but you are wrong.

They mailed me a new box, and a box to return the bad one...now claiming they haven't recvd. it yet. Yet I do have the tracking number and the name of the person that accepted the return in Philly, Pa.
(tracking # cropped on purpose)

ReginaCheek
@comcast.net

ReginaCheek to Robotics

Anon

to Robotics
During the problem I had below, I was told that for $3.95 a month, I wouldn't have to PAY for service calls.

Called 5/24 - ON DEMAND was giving an error 7 message. Was told to do the reset routine. Did it, didn't work. Was told to try it several more times and if it didn't work to call again.

5/25 called again. Talked to Kat in the Phillipines. She set up a service ticket 003784826 and service tech would arrive between 9am and 8pm and would call 30 minutes before to let me know he was on the way.

waited 11 hours, no call, no show.

5/25 -- 8pm called again, got John in Ann Arbor MI. Told it would be red flagged and they would call & come between 10am and 11am this morning (5/26). No call, No show today, after waiting 5 hours.

5/26 3 pm. Called again, talked to Ryan. Couldn't explain why I was being lied to and why no one was showing day after day. Told me it would be tagged as an emergency and that dispatch would call me by 3:30. No one called. Called again at 4pm. Spoke with Christina (repeating problem now for the seventh time), she says she'll talk to dispatch and someone would call me in 30 minutes. She called me back in 45 minutes to ask if they had call, they hadn't. Said she would find out why and call back in 10 minutes. Now 9 pm. When I just logged on to the web, it says I have a service call scheduled on 5/31...8 days after I first called!!!!. this service is HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Floppy
join:2002-07-03

Floppy

said by ReginaCheek :

ON DEMAND was giving an error 7 message.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with customer service giving you the run around. As for the VOD error 7: it means your box isn't receive an IP address.
tcr22
join:2005-06-04
Saint Augustine, FL

tcr22

kinda the same thing happen too me 2 months ago they start charging me for dvr serves and for a dvr box which i don have i got them to take that off my bill but still have problems to get them to remove 1 of the 2 modem rental charges from my bill that pop up the same time i"m getting charged for internet modem and voice modem when they are the same modem

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
Louisa, VA

Robotics

Premium Member

Hope you are able to get that resolved without to much pain. I don't know anything about their voice/phone service, but if it is via the same modem, it baffles me how they think you have 2 modems.

if you ever have problems with tech support on the 800# in getting things corrected. I would call their corporate office.
Chances are you would end up with Qwen (not sure of spelling), and she is good at getting to the bottom of any issue, and getting it corrected quickly.