Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

shepd

join:2004-01-17
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
reply to HiVolt

Re: [Cable] Rogers contractors set a strike date of June 15.

The job will pay what it takes to attract people to it. If the pay was really that bad, the job would not be getting done.

You can say that there's always someone who will do it cheaper, and that may be true to a certain degree, but you often get what you pay for. If $15 - $22 is the price Rogers find attracts service good enough to do the job, then it's not a low price, it's what the job pays if you choose to do it.

ByeByeCEP

join:2012-06-21
Most of the techs involved hate the CEP. They forced their way into our workplaces with a lot of empty promises and a ridiculous smoke and mirror show. We don't like them and we don't want them. Check out the sites below.

»cepnot4me.com
»techfreqs.co

and of course the official propaganda site:

»techfreqs.com

Zombie999

join:2004-05-04
Toronto, ON
reply to HiVolt
My co-worker used to be rogers contractor. Pay is about $120 per typical install.

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
reply to ByeByeCEP
From looking that over, am i correct in my understanding that most places (except appears markham) the rogers techs are striking?

aereolis

join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON
reply to Zombie999
said by Zombie999:

My co-worker used to be rogers contractor. Pay is about $120 per typical install.

LOL that's hilarious! Maybe 10 years ago, for a bundle install, internet and cable tv with 4 outlets. For a home phone, cable tv and internet install reconnect with existing cables with 1 tv a technician gets about $45, which can take anywhere from 45 minutes to several hours depending on the area and house.
--
Hello

aereolis

Brampton, ON
reply to graniterock
said by graniterock:

From looking that over, am i correct in my understanding that most places (except appears markham) the rogers techs are striking?

You would be correct that all but two have come to tentative agreements no to strike. Many Unitek toronto/scarborough and dependable home tech technicians are working still despite the fact that they are supposed to be striking.
--
Hello

aereolis

Brampton, ON
reply to ByeByeCEP
said by ByeByeCEP:

Most of the techs involved hate the CEP. They forced their way into our workplaces with a lot of empty promises and a ridiculous smoke and mirror show. We don't like them and we don't want them. Check out the sites below.

»cepnot4me.com
»techfreqs.co

and of course the official propaganda site:

»techfreqs.com

Personally, I like the CEP. The agreement has already meant that those days where I made $60 for working 10 hours, I will at least be paid hourly at $12 an hour once everything is finished. I have been doing this job for 4 1/2 years and I know what I'm doing and expect to be paid appropriately for my time spent.
--
Hello

shepd

join:2004-01-17
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
reply to HiVolt
aereolis, considering jobs paying $10.25 an hour are simple as dirt to find (I should know, I've had them before), why not just leave and work one of those instead? Chances are getting up the food chain at one of them to a $12 an hour job would be quick and easy, too.

And you don't have to go on strike, poisoning your future earnings.

Rogers will learn that paying less than everyone else ($6 an hour would be less than everyone else, considering the bottom runs of the ladder are cut at $10.25 an hour) means everyone leaves. The issue is that you stay. I have to assume the job has many other benefits and that, just maybe, you're there because you want to be.

Or is there a gun to your head?

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to HiVolt
So, it looks like this is now causing Teksavvy installation delays:
»[Cable] Cable order timing
--
electronicsguru.ca/for_sale/Cablemodems

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to HiVolt
A little bird told me that the strike was averted. What's going on?!?