join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

Pretty kitty.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4

8 weeks 4 days (24 hours here) accord to PAWS catcity seattle.
He's been partyin' hard (everyone like to play) and eating like crazy, and of course sleeping like a baby.

wolfy339

join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA
reply to tshirt

Click for full size
He's a young one then. Adding a pic of my cat (she's at least 8 years old)

tshirt
Premium,MVM
Snohomish, WA

Yup, the chair (which was bought because it's a small size) is decieving in this picture, he's only 2.6 pounds and extremely spread out right then...standing he seems like a tiny kitten.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
reply to tshirt

How cute! What's his name?

Do you have a harness on him?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
reply to tshirt

Yeah, what's his name?

tshirt
Premium,MVM
Snohomish, WA

1 recommendation

reply to tshirt

He hasn't told us yet.
My wife predetermined one of out new cats would be Murr-y/murr-ie or something like that ( murr>meow while purring sound cats make) but no matter what you want to call them, somehow they make a name for themselves.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
Snohomish, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to sashwa

the harness is to leash train him (my son's idea****) so he wore it for an hour today (2-3 including adjustment, test fitting, escaping and a +1 hour nap.

Kitten between 8 and 16 weeks can be trained to almost anything (it's the imprint stage) so we will try this.

*** I think he is training the cat toward a rock climbing harness, but maybe just to be a traveler

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

1 recommendation

While it's true that they are at their most impressionable when they're that young, older cats can be trained too with patience and plenty of treats

We're harness training our older kittens (just over 10 months) as well but we're being pretty casual about it. At this point, we'll probably got the with an outdoor cat enclosure for the long term...

I do like the idea of leash training though -- I had a cat a long time ago that was very well car and leash trained. Took her camping with us all the time -- we go out for the evening walk and when kids first spotted her they were like, "oh, look at the cute puppy..." and then get the greatest confused look on their face )

This cat also loved to for truck rides -- I had bench seats and she would sit on top between the headrests and look out the back cab window the whole time.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to tshirt

I thought that might be it. I've tried to leash train a couple of my cats before. They were doing good until the winter rains came along and the training went into hiatus.

Edit: My cat(s) were/are all primarily housecats but I do let them outside when I go out. They all learned that when I clap my hands it's time to go inside. What I find funny if they have to go to the bathroom when we are outside, they run inside to use the litter box.

--
TH ~ NE ~ EPN ~ NC ~ TD

netsurfer1

join:2012-04-13
Atlanta, GA
reply to tshirt

Cute little cat! I'm thinking of buying one. I haven't had a pet cat. I am more of a dog person. But there's nothing wrong in trying. My friends say, a pet cat is also sweet.