uniqs

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Poornoob

to Poornoob

Re: Vodka v Method heroic mode DS race

the biggest problem is clickers. too focused on their bars GCD so they can mouse click the next button on the action bar. they have no raid awareness and sit there click click clicking. they can't even produce solid numbers because when their little addon sounds an alarm when they're standing in fire they have move and can't focus on clicking their action bar. clickers are bad juju in raids. they should just stick to farming herbs/ore and leave the big boss killing to the people with a brain and who can use more than 4 fingers to play this game. just because there's a 20% nerf in ds doesn't mean you have a shot at seeing anything past morchock in normal DS now...

Poornoob
@ultzindustries.com

Poornoob

Anon

Hey Metta,

I don't think anyone in my raid is clicking, but we do still have some kb turners, who nevertheless put out reasonable dps. Everyone on the regular raid team knows the gear / gem / reforge / enchant stuff, and are solid on the basics of their classes. We, and I think a lot of people at our level, just don't know how to kick it up to the next level. However, I think the mikepreachwow (it was incorrectly spelled in Defton's post) will help us a long way in that direction, and actually, the clicker as well too.

From what I've gathered from the videos I've watched, Mike Preach is raiding with Method, and has played just about every spec and role at a competing for world first level. What allows him to do this is the way he approaches the game. His vids teach his approach, and can help the complete noob just learning what a MMO is, to the new player who needs to learn the basics, to the player who is going from basics to advanced (where I think I and my raid is).

I love a bit of advice he gave with respect to LFR (paraphrased): Just assume that everyone else sucks, and that you will have to do it yourself. And really, that makes sense -- I'm a player who plays usually a couple of hours every day, and can play competently. I'm sure there are many players who play maybe a couple of times a week, who can't, and others who play 5-6 hours a day, every day, without fail, who can play at a high level. If I assume that everyone else in LFR sucks, and not rely on anyone else, the other 5-6 other people in the raid who know what they're doing will surprise me, and we will carry the raid. I just need to learn how to kick it up enough to carry 3-4 incompetent raiders.