how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

v12dock

join:2011-05-21
Chillicothe, IL

[IL] Central IL DOCSIS 3.0 status

I was wondering if anyone has any information on the roll out progress of docsis 3.0 in the central IL region.

I would like to replace my touchstone modem as soon as possible.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:121
Certain areas of our markets have already made the transition. If you would, send me an IM with your account number or phone number. I'll be glad to check and see what's up in your neck of the woods.

GLIMMER

join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL
why is it taking mediacom so long to update the gibson city headend. I mean come on.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
We are working on getting all of our areas upgraded, unfortunately it does take time as we have to order the parts for each area, and they are custom built by the manufacturer. In some areas we also have to build a new building to house the upgrades.

I show the Gibson City area has been upgraded, however the Fisher/Mohamet area has not been upgraded as of yet.

rudnicke
Premium
join:2004-10-23
Rantoul, IL
kudos:4
reply to v12dock
What about the Rantoul area? Any news?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I am currently showing that Rantoul, IL hasn't transitioned to DOCSIS 3.0 as of yet.

GLIMMER

Fisher, IL
Its sad when rantoul is bigger than most markets media com has and its still not done. Heck philo has docis 3 and its smaller than fisher. Comcast is on the ball

rudnicke
Premium
Rantoul, IL
reply to v12dock
Rantoul is pretty much last to get anything. I know the hardware is ready to go, just waiting on Mediacom to make the switch.
--
One Big Ass Mistake America

GLIMMER

Fisher, IL
LOL if the hardware is installed at the headend whats the hold up? These citys need to stand up to the cable companys more...

rudnicke
Premium
Rantoul, IL
According to the local techs, they are waiting on the go ahead from upstairs.
--
One Big Ass Mistake America

GLIMMER

Fisher, IL
No wonder why mediacom is losing money if you install capital equipment you need to use it to pay for it.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I will try and find an ETA on the Rantoul upgrade for you guys.

Gambler

join:2010-04-11
Eldorado, IL
Hey MediacomChad can u please check and see if Eldorado Illinois 62930 is docsis3 ready bc when i called to order 20down 2up service the gentleman on the phone told me i could now get the 50down 5up service but one your website it says not available. Please get back with me thank u

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Gambler, ultra 50 is available in that area from what I am seeing.

Gambler

Eldorado, IL
thank u so much for checking thats what the guy on the phone told me but on mediacoms website it said it still wasnt available just want to make sure and he offered me 1 year contract on the 50down and 5up for a great price! i cant wait to have it installed on june 7th! i am excited

bulletsam

join:2008-04-08
Charleston, IL
It's kinda' like waiting for your Birthday when you're a kid, lol. It sure helped me out by going to Ultra50.

Gambler

Eldorado, IL
reply to v12dock
i went out and bought a new motorola docsis 3 modem and a netgear wndr4500 router i cant wait!