uniqs
share rss forum feed

jondpaul

join:2004-10-10
Novato, CA

Topup grace period?

Hello all:

I use my VM “PayLo” intermittently.

If I have a top up deadline, and wait topup, as I will not use the phone for some time, how long from the topup deadline date until:

1, Virgin takes money in the acct and reduces it to zero?

2, Virgin ends the phone number and gives it away?

I hear many different answers, 30, 45, 90 days. This info is critical and is NOT easily seen on your website or T&C.

Kind Regards,

Jon

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

said by jondpaul:

If I have a top up deadline, and wait topup, as I will not use the phone for some time, how long from the topup deadline date until:

1, Virgin takes money in the acct and reduces it to zero?
2, Virgin ends the phone number and gives it away?

»www.virginmobileusa.com/legal/ge···ns-paylo

the basic paylo plan:
quote:
Account Active Period Information: Account active and cancellation period is based on amount of funds added to your account.
Amounts Over $20: If you added $20 or more to your account, the account will remain active for 90 days. Unless sufficient funds are added your account during the 90 Day Active Period, your account will become inactive 24 hours after expiration of the 90 Day Active Period, your service will be interrupted and your account balance will be forfeited. Your account will expire 60 days from when your service is interrupted, and on that day, your account balance will be forfeited and you will lose your phone number.

Amounts Between $10-$19.99: If you added $10-$19.99 to your account, your account will remain active for 45 days. Unless sufficient funds are added your account during the 45-Day Active Period, your account will become inactive 24 hours after the expiration of 45 Day Active Period, your service will be interrupted and account balance will be forfeited. Your account will expire 105 days from when your service is interrupted, and on that day, the account balance will be forfeited and you will lose your phone number.

If your on the monthly paylo:

quote:
Activation of service will occur when you have sufficient funds in your account to fulfill your monthly payment. Payment is due on your monthly payment date. Payments are made by adding funds to your account and your account balance must contain funds equal to or greater than the monthly payment amount on your monthly payment date. If you have an insufficient balance and have authorized a registered payment method, we will charge your registered payment method. If your registered payment method company declines your total monthly charge, we will retry the charge on your registered payment method on the 2nd, 6th and 14th day after the charge is initially declined unless you have paid the charge in full before the day on which we next retry the charge. Your account will become inactive and your service will be interrupted if you miss your monthly payment. If your service is interrupted, you will not be able to use any services (excluding calls to care and 911 calls), regardless of the balance in your account. Account balance expires 91 days from your last successful monthly payment. Unless sufficient funds are added within 150 days from your last successful monthly payment, your account will expire, your account balance will be forfeited and you will lose your number.

and then also on the paylo plans:

quote:
Paylo Service Preserver Program ("Program"):

Our Program will keep your account active for one year. Top-Up $90 within any 72-hour period to be enrolled automatically in the Program. 7¢ Round Down Plan customers must Top-Up $150 within any 24 hour period to be enrolled automatically in the Program. Although your account will remain active for one year even if you do not Top-Up, you must have a positive account balance to use services. You may only qualify once for the Program during any one-year period starting on the date you first enrolled. After your one-year enrollment in the Program expires, just Top-Up the applicable amount to enroll automatically in our Program for another year. If you are enrolled in the Program and switch to another plan, you will retain your enrollment in the Program and your account will remain active for one year from the date on which you last enrolled.

So basically if you ever toss $90 bucks into the account at once they extend it for 1 year... unless your on the grandfathered 7c plan then you have to toss $150 on there to protect it for a year.

-------------------------

If you ever switch to a non "paylo" plan (like beyond talk) the following link has all those details:

»www.virginmobileusa.com/legal/ge···n-mobile

Have a good one.