share rss forum feed

drjim
Premium,MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
reply to mattmag

Re: CW ident while x-mitting?

Interesting.......I never knew that you could set it up that way.
--
One man's Magic is another man's Engineering.

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

I don't know if it is a commercial unit, or homebrew. I think the latter, built by a formerly local EE type that is in Milwaukee now I think.

I'll see what I can find out if you're interested.

sabersaw
Premium
join:2001-08-21
Dayton, OH
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to neonhomer

said by neonhomer:

If you listened recently, IIRC, the operator I am referring to is Darrin Jones. I think he is the one I hear that from.

I was hoping if I listened to code practice mp3's in my sleep, I'lll wake up one day knowing code... LOL

Wow that was exactly who I was thinking about when I read the first post. Yeah, I listen to that repeater all the time also. Those guys have tons of remotes everywhere... and only a few of them ID correctly. They like the Kenwood 731s and 741s.

I know my Yaesu 857D can send a cw tone id on FM Tx. Same with the 741a. Think my Kenwood HT can do it as well.

drjim
Premium,MVM
Long Beach, CA

My D710 can also do it.

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2
reply to drjim

said by drjim:

All of the Amateur repeater controllers I'm aware of allow you to do a CW ID *of the repeater*, but they all wait until the current user unkeys to broadcast it.

We have many local repeaters here that ID in morse* when you're talking. They do it at lower volume so they don't ID on top of the person.

*CW is A1A. When morse code is transmitted as audio on an FM repeater it is not A1A and therefore it is not CW.

drjim
Premium,MVM
Long Beach, CA

I fully understand that sending "CW" as audio tones is not A1A, however, that's what most people refer to it as when they say "The repeater ID's in CW".
--
One man's Magic is another man's Engineering.