uniqs
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes

Premium Member

[VOD] MoviePlex

I just noticed something and I am hoping somebody can get a post onto the official comcast forum about this, but I was browsing through the movie list and noticed alot of movies are not scheduled to be removed until late 2013.

Any idea why this is?

Floppy
join:2002-07-03

Floppy

The content providers determine how long their programs stay on the menu. Even though some may say late 2013 they could always send an update to pull the program sooner or even extend it.
moes
Premium Member
Cedar City, UT

moes

Premium Member

ah thanks, I was perplexed as this was the first time I had ever seen anything stuck there that late.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to moes

MVM

to moes
It could also be a typo. Here in Chicago, WTTW (local PBS) has two HD shows with a 7/19/2020 expiration!!
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer

said by andyross:

It could also be a typo. Here in Chicago, WTTW (local PBS) has two HD shows with a 7/19/2020 expiration!!

Some shows that are streamed from the PBS website have extremely long expiration dates. I've seen some Antiques Roadshow episodes with unbelievably long times.

All streaming/On Demand services have expiration dates on their programming. Of course, like you said some do get extensions and other times some are off for a few days or weeks and are back on with another expiration date.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

In my example, it's only the HD versions. I think they were episodes of NOVA from last year. Normally, WTTW only has a 1 week expiration.
moes
Premium Member
Cedar City, UT

moes

Premium Member

lol I'd hope that is all it is andy, I am sitting here going, why does "bad boys" need to run until 12/13/2012 lol!

movieplex loves them some bad boys btw, it's there constantly. never seen it gone! lol