WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to jarablue

Premium Member

to jarablue

Re: Verizon upgrading FIOS tiers?

I wonder if all of these speed upgrades that are coming will affect consistency and quality of service..
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane

said by WK2:

I wonder if all of these speed upgrades that are coming will affect consistency and quality of service..

Heh yea my thoughts exactly.
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

serge87 to WK2

to WK2
said by WK2:

That's when X-GPON comes into play (hopefully within the next 10 years)

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by serge87:

said by WK2:

They haven't even affected BPON around here yet. I still get 43/35 speeds anytime of the day, any day of the year.
prisaz
join:2008-08-11
Germantown, MD

prisaz

said by aaronwt:

said by serge87:

said by WK2:

They haven't even affected BPON around here yet. I still get 43/35 speeds anytime of the day, any day of the year.

Yes but Verizon refuses to upgrade BPON to GPON. Regardless of what the press release stated. Pushing Quantum while talking out of both sides if their mouths.

webcobbler
@verizon.net

webcobbler

Anon

I believe that X-GPON will become available in the next 2 years.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Not sure where you heard that, but there is no production X-GPON equipment available from any Verizon OLT vendor yet - so its kind of hard to predict anything. 2 years is way too soon.

danclan
join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA

danclan

The next gen would be EPON running at 10GB, the specs and gear are currently all under review and lab only at this point. Any deployment would be 2-3 years off at the earliest and that's probably being generous but who knows with the pace of tech sometimes.

The cable fanboys keep tossing EPoC as their next cure all for what ails coax.

webcobbler
@verizon.net

webcobbler

Anon

i believe EPON is Not Backwards Compatible like GPON and XG-PON is/will be.
webcobbler

webcobbler to nycdave

Anon

to nycdave
I believe the XG-PON's will be available for Verizon and other companies to purchase and use in their Main Facilities around then, so in theory those ONTs will get the homes of customers a couple years afar that, since XG-PON is backwards compatible with GPON.

Everyone could get standard 300/325mbps connections, like everyone can get 15/5 now.

I have read this somewhere, and will try to find if I bookmarked it, so I can post a link.