spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cognizantt6
join:2009-06-13
Montreal, QC

cognizantt6

mail blocking ?

i'm trying to send someone an email and it keeps bouncing - the error i receive is:

The following message to someone at bell dot net was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-"OU-002 (BAY0-PAMC1-F10) Unfortunately, messages from 206.248.143.162 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to »mail.live.com/mail/troub ··· errors."

per whois, 206.248etc resolves to
ironport-out.teksavvy.com

could someone from tsi please verify this, thank you.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

Click for full size

bozz
@teksavvy.com

bozz to cognizantt6

Anon

to cognizantt6
Same problem trying send to a hotmail account.
Why?

cognizantt6
Montreal, QC

cognizantt6

per sorbs-spam the IP has been blacklisted. so hotmail rejects it, as does bell dot net. which is weird cos i think the IP must be through bell ...
Walter Dnes
join:2008-01-27
Thornhill, ON

Walter Dnes to cognizantt6

to cognizantt6
Do you have a personal domain with an SPF record? I had a similar problem. See thread »Is there a list of Teksavvy outbound mailservers? Basically, Teksavvy has changed their outbound mailserver from "ironport2-out.teksavvy.com" to "ironport-out.teksavvy.com" (note the missing "2"). If your SPF record only shows "ironport2-out.teksavvy.com" and the receiving system uses SPF, your email will be blocked until you add "ironport-out.teksavvy.com".

cognizantt6
Montreal, QC

1 edit

cognizantt6

i'm just a regular client with tsi. no domain, no nothing.

note : i just checked my sent emails and the last time i sent her an email was 2 days ago and it went though. so something has changed on tsi's end since then.

edit - i opened a thread in the teksavvydirect thread
bozz41
join:2011-06-17
Cambridge, ON

bozz41

well I posted in Direct forum as well, no reply and still not working.
I guess everyone that knows anything is taking the day off.
the only workaround i know of for now is to log into hotmail and send message from there.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak to cognizantt6

Premium Member

to cognizantt6
Someone at TSI should get it removed from the blacklist.

TSI SteveO
TSI SteveO
Premium Member
join:2009-01-26
Chatham, ON

TSI SteveO to cognizantt6

Premium Member

to cognizantt6
I have contacted SORBS to have the IP de-listed.

cognizantt6
Montreal, QC

cognizantt6

thank you

Leafybits
@teksavvy.com

Leafybits to TSI SteveO

Anon

to TSI SteveO
FYI - I'm having the exact same problem - with someone I email almost daily (person is with live.com) with the same message of "Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list."

How long does it normally take to be delisted? (I just tried again a few minutes ago - same issue)
dennisn9
join:2010-07-30
Canada

dennisn9

I second the above question.

koitsu
MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
Humax BGW320-500

koitsu to Leafybits

MVM

to Leafybits
said by Leafybits :

How long does it normally take to be delisted? (I just tried again a few minutes ago - same issue)

It's explained here. Bottom of the page, but I strongly suggest you read the entire thing, and slowly:

»www.sorbs.net/faq/spamdb.shtml

TekSavvy (like any ISP) needs to open up regular/constant communication channels with all of the DNSBL/RBLs out there. There are 15-20 of them at minimum. But even so, keep in mind that there is absolutely nothing Internet users can do about what DNSBL/RBLs a mail server (NOT TEKSAVVY) chooses to use. Welcome to the Internet, and why using DNSBL/RBLs is both a blessing and a curse.

For what the PTR record returned on lookup means (e.g. 127.0.0.6), please see this chart.
dennisn9
Canada

dennisn9 to cognizantt6

to cognizantt6
Any idea how teksavvy got onto that list? Surely something serious and credible must have occurred to blacklist an entire god-damned ISP?

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

said by dennisn9:

Any idea how teksavvy got onto that list? Surely something serious and credible must have occurred to blacklist an entire god-damned ISP?

Some earlier mention that this IP is new, and possibly was blacklisted already.

koitsu
MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
Humax BGW320-500

koitsu to dennisn9

MVM

to dennisn9
said by dennisn9:

SORBS will almost certainly provide TekSavvy a full copy of the mail that caused them (TS) to get added to the DNSBL. Some of the DNSBLs actually provide this in real-time in their database lookup tools; I don't remember if SORBS does.
dennisn9
Canada

dennisn9 to cognizantt6

to cognizantt6
Still blacklisted.

Maybe we should blacklist SORBS.

derekm
join:2008-02-26

derekm

This is kind of the worst.

3 days, and still can't communicate with hotmail.

What is everyone on TekSavvy doing for SMTP relay these days?

DrZEUS
join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS to cognizantt6

to cognizantt6
same problem here...cant send to any hotmail or live accounts without getting this error

TSI SteveO
TSI SteveO
Premium Member
join:2009-01-26
Chatham, ON
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT502
Asus RT-N16

TSI SteveO to cognizantt6

Premium Member

to cognizantt6
SORBS finally got back to us.

206.248.143.162/32 has been delisted for the first time We will place this ticket in 'Resolved' state, as no further action seems to be pending on our part.

Looks like at this point, we are just waiting for propagation.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by TSI SteveO:

SORBS finally got back to us.

206.248.143.162/32 has been delisted for the first time We will place this ticket in 'Resolved' state, as no further action seems to be pending on our part.

Looks like at this point, we are just waiting for propagation.

@TSI Steve

Does anybody @ TSI actively check the blacklists daily (multiple times daily, ie. change of shift) to see if any of your IP's get blacklisted?

Seems like the responsible thing to do for any organization that isn't a reseller.

derekm

derekm

Seems to me to be the kind of thing you'd want to automate.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by derekm:

Seems to me to be the kind of thing you'd want to automate.

Manually or automated, the question still stands - does TSI actively check daily?

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak to MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

to MaynardKrebs
Its not incredibly abnormal to be on a blacklist with a new IP like that, I had to go through the same stuff when I built my mail server and turned it up, and it kinda earns "respect" as weeks and months go on, and then eventually you don't appear on any at all. I had to change the IP of my mail server to a very previously enjoyed IP address and went thru all the same crap again.
epsilon3
join:2008-03-29
canada

epsilon3 to TSI SteveO

to TSI SteveO
Hi Steve,

What should we do in order to be able to send emails to hotmail emails? How long it is going to take to have all solved?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

It takes about 48hrs for it to propagate.
26206549 (banned)
join:2012-05-21

26206549 (banned) to epsilon3

to epsilon3
said by epsilon3:

Hi Steve,

What should we do in order to be able to send emails to hotmail emails? How long it is going to take to have all solved?

Don't use ISP email.
epsilon3
join:2008-03-29
canada

epsilon3

It is not the ISP mail but we are using Teksavvy for the outgoing server ...and here is the issue ...

DrZEUS
join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS to cognizantt6

to cognizantt6
anyone working on your end yet?

still hasn't propagated for me.

derekm

derekm

Yup - it's shite for me still. Think I'm going to turn off smart host, and deliver a few direct.

Anyone with recommendations for a reliable SMTP relay, they would be appreciated.