TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to Stem Bolt

[Continuum] Season One Finale.

And tonight (Aug. 5th), marks the Season One Finale. I'll wait until after it airs then a little more while the subtitles are created, then watch it on XBMC (1channel) later tonight

The show is 'ok' it fills the time, is mildly edutaining. IMHO it could be better in places. Personally I don't think it'll move beyond this first season unless they change the storyline(s) and maybe expand and speed up the action.
--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.
Twitter:Merv Chat:irc.teksavvy.ca

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to Stem Bolt

Re: "Continuum" New Sci Fi show, May 27 - Canadian

Didn't even start watching it yet, but according to the comments in this thread, doesn't really seem like it's worth me picking up.

Rob
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Didn't even start watching it yet, but according to the comments in this thread, doesn't really seem like it's worth me picking up.

How are you watching it?
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
What do you mean? There are always ways to watch shows that don't air in the U.S.

Rob
Premium
Miami, FL

1 recommendation

Oh ok! I thought it was on TV in the U.S.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Lol. Nope. I watch the Canadian airings of Lost Girl, and the UK version of Merlin also.

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to Stem Bolt
I wonder why she didn't pull the fire alarm after Kagamy got on the elevator and the doors closed. During a fire alarm in a modern skyscraper; all elevators automatically return and lock to ground floor (this is common knowledge to anyone who works in public safety and law enforcement) where the walls have the most structural integrity for holding the building weight. that would have limited the explosion's damage potential and mortality rate while alerting building occupants of a pending emergency.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
Maybe Canadian buildings don't have that code...

Those were mighty explosives by their size Vs. the damage they did..

Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Cleveland, OH
reply to Stem Bolt
Continuum Gets Renewed for Season Two!

»www.showcase.ca/blog/archive/201 ··· two.aspx
quote:
Showcase announces the renewal of its #1 series that swept the nation this summer, Continuum. The phenomenally successful series will begin production on its 13 episode season two order in 2013.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
That's good news. I like the show.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to Stem Bolt
Wow really Continuum Season Two, awesome. Though they'll need to pick up the pace and make it a bit more dramatic in short order. I basically watched this because there wasn't anything else of real 'interest' on that had any 'sci fi' in it during rerun's season.

--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.

Rob
Premium
Miami, FL
reply to Stem Bolt
I'm glad that they renewed it. I just watched all 10 episodes today (hey, don't judge me!). I'm really into. Can't wait for Season 2!

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to Stem Bolt
Really good concept but they need to reduce the filler episodes.
I liked it though. I guess canadian networks don't cancel every show after s1 so we might get to see it conclude.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Speaking of which, anyone know when Lost Girl will resuming airing in Canada?

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to Stem Bolt
I watched the entirety of "Continuum" season 1 on youtube. To my surprise they had it albeit low resolution.

Anyway, I think the show has a great cast and that is one of its major strengths. With alumni from:

Jericho
Mutant X
SG1
SG Universe
Andromeda
V the series
Earth Final Conflict
TekWars
BSG Blood and Chrome ( supposedly)
Caprica
Bionic Woman
Taken
X-Files
ST-DS9
ST-Voyager
ST-NG
ST-Enterprise
The Chronicles of Riddick
Fringe
Frist Wave
The 4400
and more,……

Plus Lexa Doig,…..she's still hot IMO. Can't go too far wrong with such a show. The writing isn't bad either.
Rachel Nichols is hot too. Didn't recognize her from "P2".

Great Canadian show with great Canadian actors

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
You can catch all those in 1080p on xbmc with the 1Channel plugin. And more. All mine are bookmarked for easy retrival. Plus theres optional subtitles if you need that.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Given that it wasn't broadcast in 1080p I find it hard to believe you're watching them in true 1080p
--
♬ Music is life ♬

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
And I do think you're right. re: Broadcasts
quote:
1080p over-the-air broadcasts still do not exist as of 2012.
Broadcast HDTV uses 720p or 1080i because 1080p uses more than the allocated bandwidth for an HDTV broadcast/cablecast channel. Bandwidth is a finite, shared resource for broadcast and cable TV.

Game consoles and Blu-Ray players can use 1080p (and beyond, someday, should manufacturers decide to do so), because they get to have a whole HDMI cable to themselves. They don't have to share bandwidth with a hundred other sources on that cable.

Therefore I stand corrected.

--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

You can catch all those in 1080p on xbmc with the 1Channel plugin. And more. All mine are bookmarked for easy retrival. Plus theres optional subtitles if you need that.

Either way, youtube low res SD was fine. I don't plan to watch season 1 again unless its broadcast in the USA in HD. At which point I will record it at 720p or 1080i.