spc
Search similar:

uniqs

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

buddahbless

Tmobile a hit or miss

I feel your pain steve might I suggest another carrier, it seems your area has not been upgraded to hspa+ which is the reason for your dilemma odd as most TMO areas are but then again you might be in a roaming partner area thats why you only get edge, in general with ATT and Tmobile 3G is "hspa" capable of up to 14mbps, "hspa+" or what TMO and ATT (until LTE) call 4G can do a max of 84mbps. If your blackberry uses TMO service in your area on 3G your new phone would as well however it would display 4G on the phone. Im using a G2x and in Orlando or Tampa I hit 12-14mpbs often. the problem is the darn throttle which after words drops you to less than 100kbps at times which I agree is useless. Some times you may have to force your phone to take the hspa+ tower by change the settings in the phone options to WCDMA mode only. there main issue is coverage Yes TMO does have the fastest network but if you cant get it everywhere then its pointless, hope it helps. Buddah
ArizonaSteve
join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve

I remember about a year or two ago when 3G was 3Mb here in the Phoenix area there were rumors of getting faster speeds by upgrading to hsdpa+ but they must have never done the upgrade due to the impending AT&T buyout since the speed is still only 3Mb in downtown Phoenix. However since I'm on the East side I can't even get that, just Edge. I've tried setting it to force WCDMA mode but that doesn't work and it just defaults back to Edge so none of the Android apps will work unless I use wi-fi.
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

Provide proof of your allegations that TMO doesn't have 4G.

Sounds like you bought a prepaid phone. Go get a contract phone and report back.
ArizonaSteve
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve

wirelessdog, trolling here too? You really need to get a life!
My proof that T-Mobile doesn't have 4G service is that my phone can't get it anywere around the Phoenix, Mesa or Scottsdale area!
ArizonaSteve

1 edit

ArizonaSteve to buddahbless

to buddahbless
After a lot of head scratching, checking specs and using a spectrum analyzer to check the frequencies I think I found the problem. Some on the forums say they can get 4G in the Phoenix area but they are using more expensive phones like the Samsung Galaxy S II that gets more bands. My new "4G" phone that can't get 4G only works on 1700, 1800 and 1900 Mhz while more expensive ones like the Samsung Galaxy S II can also get 2100 Mhz. I don't know what to do about it though, when I complained to Walmart they just gave me a blank stare cause they don't know anything about phones. I've been to 5 T-Mobile stores and they claim they have never heard of this problem and they want me to buy an expensive contract because they say that will cause me to get better service. I don't know how a different contract will cause the phone to get a new band it can't get now but if it's more expensive it must be better right? Does anyone have a solution to getting 4G if your "4G" phone doesn't cover the frequency band it needs to get that? No more comments from the trolls though, just helpful comments please.
ArizonaSteve

ArizonaSteve

Actually they do have HSPA+ in the area and my old Blackberry still gets 3G on it but that's not an option for my new Samsung "4G" Android phone. It only has WCDMA for "4G" and GSM for Edge with nothing in between. As far as I can tell from looking at the Samsung phones in the store none of them can get 3G so if you don't have 4GB available they don't work at all except on Edge. The coverage map shows good coverage over the whole Phoenix area but it's just Edge and 3G.
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog to ArizonaSteve

to ArizonaSteve
You are the ultimate troll so keep your snide "troll" comments to yourself.

I've told you, FIVE TMO stores have told you, who else has to tell you? Go get a contract plan and you will have 4G. The fact you have endlessly tried to no avail to obtain 4G on a prepaid is testimony to the fact you need a contract phone.

Does TMO offer a 15 day trial of their service like other carriers?
ArizonaSteve
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve

wirelessdog Do you work for T-Mobile too? Sounds like you are a shill for them but you are too stupid to do anything useful. I have a "4G" phone and I'm paying for 4G service so I should be getting 4G at locations besides inside T-Mobil stores so keep your moronic comments to yourself if you don't have anything useful to add.
Even better, move out of your Mom's basement and get a job.
tkdslr
join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL

1 edit

tkdslr to ArizonaSteve

to ArizonaSteve
Did you make sure Use packet data and data roaming are checked marked in the "mobile network settings" page?

Note: Network mode(same page) should be set to GSM/WCDMA(auto mode) as HSDPA+ is a subset of WCDMA ..
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

to ArizonaSteve
How much money and time will you waste before you do what so many have told you to do? The idiocy of your reviews always provides free entertainment.
ArizonaSteve
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve

wirelessdog, I have proved that you are the idiot so get lost.
ArizonaSteve

ArizonaSteve to tkdslr

to tkdslr
Yes, packet data is checked and of course WCDMA is checked. I don't want to put it in Auto GSM/WCDMA mode or it will fall back to Edge too often. Data roaming doesn't seem to make any difference and I read somewhere that roaming on AT&T has been terminated so I guess that's out.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby to wirelessdog

to wirelessdog
said by wirelessdog:

You are the ultimate troll so keep your snide "troll" comments to yourself.

I've told you, FIVE TMO stores have told you, who else has to tell you? Go get a contract plan and you will have 4G. The fact you have endlessly tried to no avail to obtain 4G on a prepaid is testimony to the fact you need a contract phone.

Does TMO offer a 15 day trial of their service like other carriers?

PrePaid or PostPaid provide the same data speeds while on the T-Mobile network.

It is possible that the SIM card being used needs to updated to a newer version to get the 4G connection.

Play nice.
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

to ArizonaSteve
said by ArizonaSteve:

wirelessdog, I have proved that you are the idiot so get lost.

Did you finally get Broadband, Steve? Oh wait, seven negative reviews and you're still looking. Don't look now but the problem isn't with the providers.