spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

theepan

@teksavvy.com

Stay away from Acanac!!!

Acanac is not willing to cancel my service after auto renewing the service for another year without any notifications.

Acanac did not send me a notification before the renewal

Acanac did not send me an invoice before or even after renewing the contract. I found out the renewal through credit card statement.

Now, I am trying to cancel the service and they are not willing to cancel. Cancellation has to be done through email. They will reply to my email after two days and asking me for more details. It has been 4 weeks since I officially requested to cancel the service.

Here is one of the email from Acanac and it is NOT clear how much they are going to charge me:
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
Dear Client,

For cancellation we charge on a monthly basis.

Please confirm so we can update your account.

Thank you,
Natasha P
Acanac Inc.
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

Lynn
Premium
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON
kudos:7

said by theepan :

Acanac is not willing to cancel my service after auto renewing the service for another year without any notifications.

Acanac did not send me a notification before the renewal

---From user agreement that you had to check the box to and agree to before you got the service

"Billing. All terms are due up front. If you sign up for the lowest rate then you are likely on the 1 year term. You will be billed the entire term up front and then billed on a yearly basis.All credit cards are billed automatically on there renewal dates. If you do not want to renew your account please cancel the account on or before the renewal date. Cancellations must be done by e-mail and sent to accounting@acanac.com or billing@acanac.com. Please make sure you obtain the cancellation ID or ticket number for your request to confirm cancellation of service."
--

Acanac did not send me an invoice before or even after renewing the contract. I found out the renewal through credit card statement.

-- check your junk folder because it was sent.

Now, I am trying to cancel the service and they are not willing to cancel. Cancellation has to be done through email. They will reply to my email after two days and asking me for more details. It has been 4 weeks since I officially requested to cancel the service.

-- -- when they ask you to confirm reply back ONCE and just say yes you are confirming your cancellation.

-

theepan

@teksavvy.com

I just called the Acanac.

The Acanac rep. is saying that I did all I have to do to cancel 4 weeks ago, he is even agreeing it. But he doesn't know why it is not cancelled.

It is still not cancelled. I called the Billings but the guy is saying that that was not billing and the billing can be only contacted through EMAIL.

Then the guy forwarded me to the main line.

I will be going up to CRTC about this issue.

You can't treat customers this way and stay in business.

theepan

join:2012-05-22
North York, ON
reply to Lynn

@Lynn,

You don't really get it, do you?

I said I confirmed it.

Why are you guys ripping off the customers? Do you think I would refer anyone to Acanac after this?

Lynn
Premium
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON
kudos:7

Acanac Inc.

If you will pm me with your name on the account and user name I will look up your account to see what is happening with the cancellation.